Flower Crowns

events take place three months after Mugen Train

Asami sat in one of the hospital rooms in the Butterfly Mansion. The three boys she had grown fond of slept in their beds. She had been wanting to give them something in return for helping lift her spirits. Her friends, who had also been hurting, made her feel better and not so alone. A thought popped in her head, her eyes lighting up at the idea. Asami rushed out of the Butterfly Estate and to the garden just outside the entrance. She picked a bunch of flowers, keeping a color scheme in mind. Once she had as many flowers as she needed, she went back inside to begin her work.

Asami sat down at a table and weaved three flowers together. After a flower heads width, she added another flower. She continued this process until the flower stems were long enough to fit around a head comfortably. Asami bent the flower stems gently to form a circular shape, then tucked the ends into the beginning skillfully. She looked at her first flower crown with a proud smile, the flowers chosen for the first crown were yellow chrysanthemums.

She set the first crown aside and made three more. One crown was made with some of the green and pink hydrangeas that grew just outside the Butterfly Mansion, another was made with peonies that Mitsuri grew for her bees. The last crown was made with purple irises.

About forty five minutes of tedious work later, Asami had finished making the flower crowns. She hadn't realized it until she looked up, but Tanjiro had woken up and was watching her make the crowns. She yelped in surprise, hiding her work with her body.

"Hey, Tanjiro! I didn't hear you wake up!" She laughed nervously.

"I didn't know you knew how to make those!" Tanjiro grinned. He walked towards Asami, looking behind her. His smile grew wider when he saw them up close. "They're so pretty!" He complimented. Asami sighed, feeling defeated in hiding the surprise for her friends.

"I made them for you guys. Consider it a thank you for making me feel better." She smiled softly.

"It was no problem! That's what friends are for." Tanjiro waved it off. Asami turned around and picked up the flower crown with hydrangeas. She put it on Tanjiro's head with a closed eye smile.

"I made one for you, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Nezuko!" She said.

"You really didn't have to." Tanjiro replied.

"I know. I just wanted to!" Asami grinned. "It's getting late. I'll leave these by their desks. When I come back in the morning, we can train some more!" She pumped a fist.

"Right!" Tanjiro agreed. Asami turned to leave the Butterfly Mansion. "Asami!" She turned back around to face Tanjiro. "Thank you." He said.

"Anytime." She replied before leaving.

i can't wait for the next episode!!