42

Asami glared harshly at Sanemi. She wanted to say something to the man, but knew it wasn't her place. She stood beside Genya as a way to show him she was on his side.

"Don't talk to me like we're buddy-buddy. From what I've seen, you have no talent. So you should just leave the Demon Slayers. Those who can't use breaths have no right to be called swordsmen." Shinazugawa kept his back turned to Genya and Asami.

"Let's go, Genya. He isn't worth your time." Asami said.

"Wait, Brother! I've always wanted to apologize to you." Genya tried.

"Yeah. Well I seriously don't give a shit. Now screw off." Sanemi seethed, still walking away.

"But I... even ate demons so I could fight..." Genya revealed.

"Huh?" Asami blinked. "You ate demons?" She and Sanemi asked the same question in two totally different ways. Shinazugawa seemed to have disappeared momentarily. Somewhere, Tanjiro popped up and tackled the two out of the way, crashing through a window. Zenitsu and a few other Slayers' screams could be heard when Sanemi stepped out from his estate.

"Please stop this!" Genya pleaded with his raging brother. Sanemi's breathing was raged and distorted. It sounded animalistic.

"What are you doing?! Are you trying to kill Genya?" Tanjiro demanded.

"I'm not killing him. That would be easy. But against the code of conduct. I'll just leave him incapable of regenerating." Sanemi had a crazed grin on his face. "When he does, he can quit the Demon Slayers, then I'll forgive him."

"Don't force him to quit! You said you don't have a brother! Don't speak as if Genya had a choice!! It shouldn't matter if he can't use breaths! He's risking his life to save other people!" Asami yelled, standing in front of Genya with her fists ready to fight. "I won't let you harm him in any way!" She declared.

"Ok. Then I'll incapacitate you first." Sanemi said. He seemed to have disappeared for a moment before reappearing in front of Asami. He threw an uppercut to her stomach. Because of all the sparring she had done with Shinazugawa, she half anticipated his attack, and stopped it with her hands. She swung her legs to the side to kick Sanemi's neck. He dropped her, allowing Asami to get away with Genya and Zenitsu.

That evening, Asami was told that she was allowed to move on to the next part of the Pillar Training. Here, she would be training with Gyomei. When Sanemi told her she could move on, he looked very against it. She wasn't against it, however. She wanted to leave the Wind Estate as quickly as possible. The next morning, Asami said goodbye to Genya and left with Tanjiro and Zenitsu. Tanjiro had to move on because of the fight that had happened between him and the others. Asami felt bad because she was also a part of that fight but wasn't scolded by the higher ups.

"This wasn't how I wanted to do things." Tanjiro murmured. "And the mark's not showing up. Maybe this training isn't working." The boy frowned as they walked through the mountains.

"Oh it's working alright. You guys actually hit the Wind dude. That's badass." Zenitsu said.

"I've hit him on a few other occasions, all of which resulted in me getting pummeled to the ground." Asami said, rubbing her cheek.

"And seriously?! We're still in the freaking mountains?! Where the hell is the Rock Pillar's home!?" The loud blonde screamed.

"We're almost there." Asami assured him. They kept walking until they found a waterfall and people. They seemed to have been chanting a prayer while under the waterfall. Inosuke was among them.

"If you erase your mind, even fires will become cold." The deep voice of Gyomei made the three new arrivals turn to the Stone Pillar. He was squatting with large logs along his back, boulders hanging from the logs, and fire around his feet. "Welcome to my training ground." He welcomed them.