45

"Himejima is a good person in his own right." Genya began, eating his food with Asami, Tanjiro, and Inosuke. "Despite the fact that he won't make me his successor because of having no talents. He figured out I was eating demons and made me his disciple. He introduced me to Ms. Kocho and had her check out my condition. But every time I see her, she puts on this disgusted face and scolds me. You seem relatively stubborn, too, Tanjiro. So she must have also told you off, I think. But you never grumble about it." Genya slurped his noodles.

"Well, if I wasn't able to use breaths, she would probably treat me the same way. Are you ok though?" Tanjiro checked in.

"I'm sure Shinobu is worried about your body too, Genya." Asami smiled, trying to give her boyfriend some piece of mind.

"Maybe?" Genya sighed.

"I'm sure of it!" She ate some more of her food.

"I'm gonna go see Giyuu once I'm done eating this. Do you guys wanna come, too?" Tanjiro offered.

"I'd love to, but I really just want to hang out with Mitsuri today. It feels like it's been forever since the two of us actually got some alone time together. Sorry Tanjiro. Tell Giyuu I said hello!" Asami apologized.

"It's no problem. What about you, Genya?" Tanjiro turned to his friend.

"I still haven't passed the boulder test." Genya replied.

"I'm really close to it!!" Inosuke butted, talking with food in his mouth.

"Well I can't use breaths." Genya muttered.

"HAHA! You can't use breaths?! Shrimp!" Inosuke insulted. Thus, starting a fight between Genya and Inosuke.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Tanjiro sweat dropped.

"Guys!" Asami tried to break up the fight. Asami and Tanjiro looked at each other and nodded, sending each other a telepathic message. Tanjiro sat on Inosuke's back, and Asami say on Genya's back.

"I just wanted to have a chat if we went together." Tanjiro said, acting as if the fight never happened in the first place.

"About what?" Asami and Genya asked at the same time.

"About the Wind Pillar." Tanjiro answered. Asami frowned, her eyebrows furrowing in distaste.

"Now I'm for sure not going." She muttered. Asami got off of Genya and told everyone goodbye before returning home to the Love Estate.

"Mitsuri! I'm home!" Asami announced.

"So you finished all the training!" Mitsuri rushed to meet Asami at the entrance of the mansion, an excited blush coating her face.

"I did!" Asami grinned, happy to see Mitsuri again.

"This calls for a celebration!!" The Love Hashira squealed. "I'll make you your favorite foods for dinner! And we can go see Shinobu and the girls at the Butterfly Mansion for a little girl time! Oh! It's gonna be so much fun!" Mitsuri planned, thrilled to the fullest extent of the word.

"I can't wait!" Asami grinned from ear to ear. Mitsuri's rabbit came hopping towards the pair and flopped down on Asami's feet. Asami picked up the bunny and hugged it, snuggling into its soft fluff. She then set down the bunny and hugged Mitsuri tightly, lifting her off the ground. The pair laughed a lot before calming down. Mitsuri placed a hand on Asami's cheek lovingly.

"Rengoku would be so proud of you. And of how far you've come." Mitsuri smiled, her light green eyes already glossing over. Asami felt a sting behind her eyes as well.

"I still miss him." Asami said. "I'm glad he's proud of me." She smiled.

"We all are. Even Shinazugawa! Though he won't say it, I just know he's pretty proud of you. He told me you did well enough in his training for him to pass you! That's gotta say something!" Mitsuri thought positively. Her optimism was contagious, making Asami smile and blush a little bit.

"Thank you, Mitsuri." Asami dipped her head.

"Huh? Where's this coming from?" Mitsuri asked, getting a little flustered.

"Thank you for raising me and teaching me everything. I'm glad that out of all the Hashira, no, all the people in the world that it was you who raised me!" She told her. Mitsuri's eyes overflowed with tears and her lip trembled. She bawled dramatically and hugged Asami tightly.

"I love you so much Asamiiiiiii!!" The Love Hashira cried.

"I love you too!" Asami laughed, hugging her back. Mitsuri let go of Asami and wiped her eyes.

"Alright! I'm gonna get started on the food. Can you go check on the bees for me?" Mitsuri asked.

"Of course. I'll be back inside in a little bit!" Asami waved and went to the back of the mansion, going into the garden where Mitsuri kept her bees. They had pancakes often for breakfast, and on rare occasions, for dinner. They would add honey to their pancakes, and as Mitsuri would describe it: "They taste sooooooooo good!!"

Bees buzzed around Asami the moment she entered the garden. One landed on her shoulder, which would usually make anyone freeze in their tracks, but Asami had grown accustomed to the bees dancing around her. She peaked inside the hive and noticed everything was running smoothly.

Asami hummed a tune that Mitsuri would sing to her when she was younger. She picked a few flowers, not enough to make a crown out of, but enough to put in a small vase. The girl went back inside the mansion and placed the flowers in a spare vase and placed it on the counter by a window.

"Dinner's almost ready!" Mitsuri called out.

"Ok! Is there anything I need to do?" Asami responded.

"Nope! I got it!"

A few minutes passed, and Mitsuri told Asami that their dinner was ready. Asami drooled upon looking at the food. They quickly began eating. Tonight's main dish was udon, rice, and beef. For drinks, Mitsuri had made them some black tea. And for dessert, there was lots of mochi.

The two dug into their meals, the sound of slurping noodles was all that could be heard in the house. Small challenges to see who could eat a bowl of udon the fastest and who could drink the most tea was also apparent. Eventually, they ate their fill and sat in the living room together.

Mitsuri styled Asami's hair the same way Tengen would. Little did Asami know, Mitsuri had been getting a couple hair lessons from Tengen to make the perfect braids for Asami. When Mitsuri was finished with the other girls hair, it was Asami's turn. Mitsuri helped Asami learn how to braid. It took a bit of trial and error, (well, a lot of trial and error) but eventually, Asami got the hang of it and was able to successfully braid Mitsuri's hair.

The two girls were packing up some goodies to bring to the Butterfly Mansion when both of their Kasugai crows came flying into their home. For once, Asami's crow was very loud. They both crowed the horrible message:

"Emergency summon!! Emergency summon!! Attack on Ubuyashiki house!! Attack on Ubuyashiki house!!" They cried.

Asami and Mitsuri gasped at the awful news, speedily running to action. With their weapons in tow, they made their way to the Master's house, where danger awaited for them.