25

Tanjiro, Tengen, and Asami all swung their blades at Gyutaro's neck. Uzui had just cut off his legs, and they haven't regenerated yet. The three of them let out war cries as they attacked. Gyutaro smirked and flexed his thigh muscles. The legs that were once cut off were now grown back.

"Man, that sure packed a punch! This poison, I mean!" The brother demon said with crazed eyes. "Blood Demon Art... Rotating Circular Slashes... Flying Blood Scythes!" The skinny demon's blood circled around his arms rapidly, only he wasn't actually swinging his arms. Tengen kicked Tanjiro backwards and threw Asami behind him to get them out of harms way. Asami grunted when she hit the floor. She gasped for air and sat up as quickly as she could.

Tengen used Sound Breathing to attack Gyutaro, a dust cloud forming in front and around the Hashira. When the dust cleared, the Upper Rank was gone.

"Lord Tengen! Behind you!" Hinatsuru's voice shouted, warning her husband of the obi tentacles heading straight for him. Tengen dodged them all elegantly, and turned his gaze to his wife.

"Hinatsu-" He was interrupted by more sash tentacles. The woman with long black hair threw a couple of her kunai at the sash.

"I'll draw the belts toward myself! Lord Tengen, don't mind me! Go look for the dem-" Gyutaro covered Hinatsuru's face with his hand, a menacing look on his face.

"Well, you have a lot of nerve. I'm sure going to mind you, you hear me?" The brother demon threatened.

"Hinatsuru!!" Tengen bellowed. The Obi Demon's sash encaged Uzui, though it didn't hold him for very long. He broke free from the bindings. "Leave her alone!!" He screamed.

Asami turned to Tanjiro who seemed to be struggling to get up. She hauled him up, shaking more due to the poison in her system, but managed. Tanjiro nodded to her as a silent thanks, Asami returning the nod.

Keep everyone safe!

The girl with periwinkle hair chucked her left fan at Gyutaro, aiming at his head. Tanjiro moved like lightning and cut off the hand that was holding onto Hinatsuru. Asami's war fan curved in the air and went straight back to her. Gyutaro was stunned at what had happened. When he looked down at Asami, he was confused. Gyutaro looked behind him to see Tanjiro standing in front of Hinatsuru with his sword out in front of him. The skinny demon growled, but a small smirk was plastered on his face.

Asami panted as she glared harshly at Gyutaro. Her hands shook and her cheek had turned dark purple. The poison had definitely made her weaker, otherwise her throw would have been more accurate. She figured she didn't have much longer, but refused to die while her friends needed her. She couldn't bear the thought of leaving them in battle. After everything was over with, after they had won, then she could let go, knowing everyone else would be safe. But not now.

If I'm going to die, might as well make myself more useful! I'm sure I'll get an earful from the boys. Let's try to get some fun out of this. Asami thought to herself. She clenched her fans, trying to regain control over their shaking state. Asami dug her foot into the ground, and took off running straight for Gyutaro.

"Petal Breathing. First form: Rose Thorns." She muttered, leaping from roof to roof until she had caught back up with Tanjiro and Hinatsuru. She continued to use her first form on Gyutaro for as long as she was able to. Upper Moon Six was slashing at Tanjiro's sword, the boy in the checkered haori going on the defensive. Asami had come in from the side and sliced off Gyutaro's hand again.

"Filthy punk!" She insulted, standing next to Tanjiro. Gyutaro rolled his open eye and regenerated his hand. Tengen came into view behind Upper Rank Six.

"Tanjiro Kamado! Asami Kaneko!" He yelled, swinging his swords. "You have my gratitude!" Tengen thanked, going in for the strike. Asami grinned, trying to hide the fact that she was exhausted. She and Tanjiro joined in on beheading Gyutaro. Just as their blades were about to make contact with the skinny demon's neck, he blocked it with his sickles.

"The likes of you, cut off my head? Never going to happen!" Gyutaro said. Asami tried to wriggle her fans free, but something was attached to them. She grunted as she kept trying, all to no avail.

Tengen lunged his second sword into Gyutaro's neck, only to be stopped by the gross demon turning his head around in a full 180 degree motion. He stopped it with his teeth. Upper Moon Six's blood started to spill again, meaning he was about to use his Demon Art again.

"Hang on, guys!" Tengen ordered. Gyutaro used that same Demon Art that allowed him to make rapid circular motions without actually moving his arms. It sent Tanjiro, Asami, and Hinatsuru in one direction, while Tengen was sent the other with Upper Six.

"Lord Tengen!"

"Uzui!"

"Tengen!" The three of them shouted. A sudden obi slash came for them, shooting the three of them backwards a little bit. Asami didn't think twice about jumping back down to the ground to help out Tengen.

"Asami!" Tanjiro screamed.

Asami ducked and weaved around any other sash tentacles that came her way in order to get to Uzui's side quickly. She wouldn't ever forgive herself if another family member of hers died because she was too slow. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she let that happen again.

More of Gyutaro's Flying Blood Sickles were sent through the air, hiding where Upper Six was. Tengen's bright amber nichirin swords helped Asami identify where he was, plus vice versa with the girl's violet-blue war fans. The red Blood Sickles came and went in varying patterns, appearing at random. With the help of Tengen's tiny explosives, they were able to keep the Sickles at bay. Though, Asami had a hard time trying to find Gyutaro.

Asami was slashed once more... twice more by the poisonous Blood Sickles. Right now, her only peace of mind was the hope that her friends would defeat these demons.

I can't die during battle! She told herself as she fought.

Asami found Tengen in all the dust and smoke, a weight being lifted off her chest. She rushed to his side, fighting alongside him back to back. Together, they warded off most of the Flying Blood Sickles. Asami really thought that they could decapitate Gyutaro now! They know his tricks and his strategies better and-

The feeling of Tengen behind her vanished. Asami glanced behind her, still fighting off one last Blood Sickle. Upon looking behind her, she did a double take. Asami backhanded the Blood Sickle, sending it off elsewhere. She turned back around, and saw blood. Lots of it. Tengen lay at her feet, seemingly unconscious. His left arm was handless and the same purple as her cheek. Her yellow eyes widened and her breath caught in her throat.

"No, no, no, no, no!" She dropped her fans and fell her to knees at Tengen's side, shaking him. "Wake up! Please!" She begged.

"Inosuke!!" Tanjiro's bloodcurdling cry directed her already glossy eyes to the boar masked boy. Behind him stood Gyutaro, who had shoved his scythe into Inosuke's back and through his chest. The boy fell to the ground, dropping the Obi Demon's head. A large explosion threw Tanjiro and Zenitsu off the roof.

So much was going on, Asami had no clue how to process everything. The poison in Asami's system was already bad enough, but now Inosuke and Tengen were dying, if not already dead. Her scarred hands hurt so badly and shook violently. Asami began hyperventilating, her vision growing dark and spotty.

I'm sorry for being so slow. I'm sorry for not noticing you were hurt. I'm sorry for leaving you three behind. I'm so sorry... Mitsuri. Please forgive me.

The next thing she knew, was darkness.