Chapter 3

GENESIS

He's here.

As I leave the east wing to meet up with the pack for the sunset run, I almost fall on my ass struck by an intoxicating scent. Who knew something existed in this universe that smelled this beautiful?

Duh everyone knows. Mates always smell the best.

Lyka rolls, practically drunk on the divine scent invading my senses. I can literally feel her drool coating my brain. It has to be my mate's scent. What else would it be?

I walk slowly down the stairwell and stop on the second-floor landing. Breathing hard I try to capture every last molecule of his scent. My heart pounds blood deafeningly into my ears and warm pleasure and excitement tickle under my skin.

Shit, shit, shit.

I knew this would happen. I didn't want it to happen. I hoped against all hope it wouldn't, but fuck me, this is the real shit. I know from the effect the delicious scent is having on me, this is my mate's scent.

Well considering I'm wetting my panties just from the scent of him it's probably best it happens now. I can't imagine the embarrassment of this happening in chambers. All those damn Alphas would be able to smell my panties.

My dad would kill me.

I'd kill me.

Lyka rolls around laughing at my predicament as I rush out of the stairwell. Hopping into my SUV I blast the air-conditioning, aiming the vents into my over-heating lap.

As I pull up in front of the cabin all my she-wolves are ready and waiting with Kiara.

"Hey Neo, you settle in okay?" Kiara greets me then sniffs me and smiles.

"Ooh, what's got you all worked up? Should we hit a club after the run starts?" she winks. Damn wolf abilities, you just can't hide shit at all.

I shake my head. If I went out tonight having just scented my mate Lyka would put me in a fucking coma. A few years back I went with Kiara to a club during the full moon and Lyka knocked me unconscious before I could get my full moon itch scratched. No one but her mate touches me. Bitch.

"I'm good. Just all the damn pheromones in the air."

It's not a total lie. The forest air is thick with excitement and sexual anticipation. It's hard not to be affected by it all, we are werewolves and our basic instincts run strong.

Everyone loads into the SUVs and we head deeper into the woods along narrow unpaved roads until we come to an open dirt car park already filled. Leaving the vehicles we walk in a group to a stadium-sized clearing where thousands of wolves are gathered in tight packs.

Hundreds of white tents fill the field, pack flags flying in the dimming light. Among them, ten large red tents mark the Prime 10 packs at various locations.

I spot Freya and Eva waiting at our tent and lead our pack over. Eva hugs me as we arrive.

"You okay Genesis?" she asks as Freya talks to the other she-wolves. Eva is only two years older than me but her rejection has taken a toll on her. Her soul is that of a woman twice her age.

"I'm good Eva." I hug her back and settle into a seat at the back of the tent just as our parents arrive.

My dad nods in my direction. Tall and powerful and still handsome with dark chocolate hair and a beard just starting to grey, his midnight blue eyes are a mirror of mine. Crossing his arms across his chest he moves to the side of the pack as my mother, Helga, stands before the gathered she-wolves speaking to them in a low tone encouragingly.