Chapter 20

GENESIS

The Moon Goddess is up to her damn games again.

Look at what she’s done to Trent.

I need the male focused on my assessment and she goes and gives a gay wolf a female mate the minute he arrives in my pack. No wonder people think we are cursed!

I’ve managed to get Kimberly off pack lands by sending her and the new transfers into the city to shop for things they need since they left almost everything behind in their old packs.

Trent arrives and he looks like he hasn’t slept at a wink. Sebastian is in his office in a virtual meeting with his Beta and Gamma.

“I hear congratulations are in order Alpha Trent,” I say with a forced smile as he sits opposite me.

“Apparently so. Thanks for handling Kimberly for me, I appreciate it.”

I notice how her name rolls off his tongue like it’s melting in his mouth. I hand him a manila folder. He looks at it curiously.

“It’s Kimberly’s file, thought you’d enjoy some light reading, but please wait till after today’s session.” He handles the folder like it’s precious jewelry.

“Thanks,” he says and then clears his throat.

“Okay, so shall we get to it?”

We spend the morning pouring over financial statements which is boring and tedious work but Trent is clearly surprised at how financially healthy our pack actually is. We are still looking over the reports at lunch and Sebastian joins us.

“I have to admit Crystal Moon is doing exceptionally well financially, especially the last three years. You’ve had exponential growth. Can you explain what this division is - Crystal Tech Company?” Trent says as we finish off reviewing the final report.

“It’s an online business I started with my sisters Freya and Eva. Freya is an IT engineer and Eva is a management and marketing specialist. Crystal Tech has many facets to it, we provide online shopping and delivery services for rural packs, sourcing specialist items for our kind. It also includes a social media platform exclusively for werewolves.” I add cautiously.

“Are you talking about Howler?” Sebastian says his eyebrows shooting through the roof, referring to the social media and messenger service platform that has taken young werewolves by storm and contributed the most to our financial success.

“Yes, and before you ask, I have seen both of your accounts.” I laugh at their faces. Sebastian looks like he got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

“Freya, Eva, and I came up with the concept just after they were rejected, it started off as a joke you know, but then we pitched it to some young wolves and the response was overwhelmingly positive so we ran with it.”

“Shit. I wondered how you could afford that crib of yours.” Sebastian laughs.

Trent raises an eyebrow questioningly.

“Wait till you see it.” Sebastian looks at me suddenly realizing he’s invited someone over to my house without asking. I’m surprised that I’m not even bothered.

“Come for dinner tonight Trent, and bring swimmers,” Sebastian looks a little miffed.

“It will keep you away from Kimberly,” I add, and he smiles gratefully.

“Sounds great but I’m bringing my whiskey.”

“Good idea man.” Sebastian laughs at my scowl.

We grab a quick lunch in the pack dining hall and then move on to the tour of our facilities.