Chapter 22

GENESIS

Something changed last night. After our talk, we went to bed and Sebastian was in a different zone.

All his horniness went out the window and all he wanted to do was cuddle me all night. He was tender and sweet and tucked me into his bed, curled up beside me, and slept with me close against his chest.

As for me, Sebastian has fucked up my brain, or what's left of it.

I came into this trial with a plan to let him go when it was all done. Then last night, I pretty much told him I would have his pups. What the actual fuck!

Now he's all chuffed and making me breakfast in bed like I'm already knocked up. Goddess help me. Why do I find it annoyingly cute and frustrating at the same time? He's got me so messed up I'm probably going to fail my psych evaluation today.

Luckily Sebastian can't sit in on this and decides to head into the city saying he wants to get something for the house.

The evaluation lasts about two hours and we are finished by lunch. Sebastian still hadn't returned so we head over to the training grounds to see Trent's epsilons in action.

"I heard from Jonah that two of our guys have found chosen mates in your pack," Trent says as we are walking over.

"Well, damn, I don't suppose you'd let them stay here?" I ask as we get to the hilltop that looks down into the training arena below.

His four epsilons and the new male transfers are letting my she-wolves practice throwing them around. My she-wolves look pretty damn happy with all the male skin and muscle.

"It's entirely up to them, these guys are fairly seasoned but I have a great bunch of younger Epsilons moving up the ranks so I can afford to let a few go, but it has to be their decision."

"What if I made it worth their while?" An idea suddenly pops up.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I could put together a special package for mates who chose to stay at Crystal Moon. I can offer independent housing, they wouldn't have to stay at the packhouse which is full anyway, and a generous salary."

Trent raises his eyebrows.

"Now I'm worried you may steal all my Epsilons." he chuckles,

"It's an offer for mates only at this point, but now that you mention it I'm not above stealing some males, Goddess knows we need them, just look at my girls, I'm glad we're not human, otherwise I'd have a pack full of pregnant she-wolves."

Trent laughs loudly and I watch with concern as young Hanna walks up to one of the epsilons flirting wildly. I've heard from Kiara that she's gone buckwild since her rejection. She's been through all the new males that transferred and now Trent's epsilons. I've never liked the term but pack slut has been slung around about her. I'll have to shut that down. She's just a young female fresh off a rejection and not handling it well.

"So who's kicking whose butt today?" I jump as Sebastian wraps an arm around my waist. He must have been downwind from us so I didn't pick up his scent but as he stands next to me it's impossible for me to not lean into him. The mate bond truly has its claws deep in me. I smile up at him.

"At the moment it looks like the guys are letting my girls throw them a bit, just practicing, but we should see some serious action soon." I nod toward my Gamma Vera who breaks up the play and calls on Adrian and one of my she-wolves to start a proper sparring session.

"You know Trent, I think it's only fair you let me have two of your Epsilons since you are going to get Adrian, there's no way he's going to let his sister go with you without him."