Chapter 8

SEBASTIAN

It takes all my control to not leap out of my seat and drag Genesis out of this forsaken council chamber and up to my room.

She looks like a fucking Goddess.

A Goddess of War.

She came prepared for a battle today dressed in a fitted royal blue power suit. Slim-fit pants clung to her hips and ass like a glove, a sky-blue camisole peeked through the vee of her fitted jacket. Her beautiful chocolate hair that last night was flowing wild down her back, was tamed to perfection into a slick shiny bun at the base of her neck revealing golden skin I want bearing my mark with every fiber of my being.

This Alpha woman, powerful and sexy, is all mine.

Alpha Hans takes his time winding down this kerfuffle of a meeting. I stare at Genesis tapping my fingers impatiently. I can tell by the way she's avoiding my gaze she knows I'm staring at her.

I've been blindsided and she knows it. 

A goddamn Alpha Female. What was the goddess thinking? I'm so fucking turned on it's not funny.

"We shall resume tomorrow at 9 am." Hans finally ends the meeting with a slam of the gavel.

I'm out of my seat in an instant, striding across to Genesis who stands tensely with her father. Up close her scent is strong and sweet and I just want to bury my face in her shoulder, between her breasts, her legs, fucking anywhere she will let me. My desperation is borderline pathetic. I really don't give a fuck.

"Alpha Sebastian, thank you for your support," Quill says as we shake hands.

Genesis stands between us, and it's the first time I realize how small she actually is, she barely reaches my shoulder. I can't help imagining all the things I could do with that little voluptuous body, starting with throwing her over my shoulder and carrying her up the stairs.

"I would have done it whether she was my mate or not." I look directly at Genesis capturing her eyes at last.

"I look forward to seeing the results of your assessment. I meant what I said, I think you'll be an excellent Alpha for your pack."

"Thank you, Sebastian, that means a lot - considering you don't know me at all." She stares back at me pointedly with her beautiful large blue eyes.

I smile taking a step closer to her.

"I plan on fixing that Genesis. Alpha Quill, would you mind if I steal my mate for a bit, we have a lot we need to speak about, don't you think babe?" The endearment slips before I can pull it back and I see her eyes widen and her cheeks flush beautifully. Perfection.

"Yes, of course, I've got some things to finalize myself. Enjoy yourselves, and Sebastian, do me a favor - don't let her get away from you."

Genesis gasps with indignation. I smile at Quill with an understanding nod.

"I promise I won't."

"Hello, I'm still here!" She snaps at her dad who laughs and squeezes her shoulder before walking away.

I wait for her to grab her bag and follow her out of the chamber slipping my arm around her waist. It's been way too many hours since I touched her last and I'm not letting her go now. Goddess the electricity between us is pure fire.

She shivers beneath my touch and I smile, glad to know she feels the power of the bond too. She stiffens and tries to move away.

"Too late for that," I look down at her squeezing her into me.