Chapter 19

SEBASTIAN

"You have got to be kidding me. I thought Trent was gay?"

Genesis's reaction reflects my own when I tell her what happened with Trent later that evening back at her house.

In the kitchen, Genesis grabs another slice of her mom's cobbler before bed. How she can still eat after her Dad's cookout, I know not. She truly has the appetite of an Alpha - every type of appetite, I chuckle internally as she devours the cobbler.

"Yeah so did he, but you know, when we were younger he was into girls. Bit of a player. I remember when we went to our first festival together he was expecting to find a she-wolf mate. That didn't happen and he had his first hook-up not long after with a he-wolf. He came out pretty much right away that he was gay to his family and pack, he never had any hang-ups about the matter and he's been exclusive with men since. Kimberly was as surprising to him as it is to us."

Genesis leans against the kitchen bench eating her cobbler thoughtfully. I can literally see the wheels turning in her head and a strange emotion fills our bond.

What is that? It feels like - jealousy.

I close the distance between us, letting her scent surround me, and lift her chin with my hands meeting her eyes.

"What's wrong? Where did you just go?"

She shakes her head, moving away from me to put her empty plate in the sink.

Okay - something is definitely up.

She's the hardest person I know to get to open up, but she has yet to see just how stubborn I can be.

I grab her wrist and pull her to me. I know she's strong enough to break my hold and I'm relieved she doesn't try.

Tugging her closer I hold her head against my chest, hoping my scent will soothe her enough for her to tell me what's bothering her.

She breathes deep against me and I feel her sigh and relax.

"Genesis, you can talk to me, what's wrong?"

She shakes her head against my chest.

"It's stupid. It doesn't even matter and I feel stupid even thinking about it."

"There is nothing stupid between you and me. I told you before if you want something ask." I run my hands over her thick, soft hair, bending down to kiss the top of her head.

She sighs again.

"It's just, well, when you were just telling me about Trent, um he didn't wait for his mate and I know how he-wolves are, even she-wolves for goodness sake are a bunch of oversexed animals, especially in their teens, well I couldn't help wonder about you. I know you waited for me after you saw me at the festival and that was five years. I just wondered, about before then, and you know, you are so good with, you know."

She can't seem to find the words to finish off her thoughts but she doesn't need to, I know what she's getting at. I guess it's a conversation we need to have and we are going to have it right now.

I pick her up by the waist and place her on the kitchen bench so we are face to face. She looks at me surprised and embarrassed. Goddess when she's like this, shy and so un-alpha-like, I just want to devour her like the sweet Hershey bar she is.

"I'm guessing we are having this conversation because you didn't take the time to scent me out at the festival. You know it would have answered your question."

She nods sheepishly tucking a non-existent stray hair behind her ear. Alpha wolves tend to have superior scenting abilities and if you take the time to really scent another wolf their scent can tell you quite a bit about them, including prior sexual activity. Basically, an Alpha can scent out a virgin a mile away and quite a few Alphas have been known to get addicted to the scent, deflowering just about every she-wolf in their pack. It's disgusting but it has happened.