Chapter 9

GENESIS

Fuck Sebastian, fuck his wolf, and fuck this mate bond. I am just too raw for this shit.

"Genesis, please stop, I'm sorry," Sebastian calls, close behind me.

"Fuck off," I shout back storming down the road ready to shift and run back through the woods to the Council grounds. Sebastian moves faster.

Before I can shift he rushes behind me grabbing my arm. I turn and swing landing a solid punch into his gut, simultaneously hearing a satisfying grunt and feeling a shocking snap in my wrist as I connect with steel-like abs. Fuck Alphas and their impossibly solid bodies.

"Fuck!" I cry out clutching my broken wrist storming off again, tears of pain running unchecked down my face.

The next thing I know I'm flying and my stomach lands on Sebastian's shoulder forcing the air out of me. My face suddenly has a great view of his tight, denim-clad ass.

"Put me down!" I shout trying to kick him only to find my legs wrapped in a solid iron grip.

"You need to calm down Genesis. I said I'm sorry. It was just a stupid slip of the tongue."

"The fuck I do. You better put me down now!" I continue struggling fruitlessly.

He sets me down on the truck bonnet and before I can try to kick his ass he pulls me into his chest enfolding me into an inescapable embrace.

Muscular arms both strong and gentle hold me still as his scent engulfs me, warm tingles spread over my body and the rage in my body subsides.

Fucking mate bond. He knows exactly how to use it.

My struggles slowly subside and his embrace gentles.

"Are we good?" he asks after a minute, his breath warm in my ear.

"Far from it. Now let me go." I grumble.

"Not until you let me look at your wrist." I hitch my breath as his soft touch on my wrist sends tingles up my arm.

"It's fine, it will heal in a few hours." I tug my wrist away, the sudden movement causes tears to well in my eyes.

"It's broken Genesis, let me wrap it please."

The pain in his voice makes me look up in surprise. He sighs stroking my cheek.

"I hurt you again. I'm sorry."

The tears fall. Shit. Why am I crying?

I know it's not my wrist, it's already numb, thank you super healing. The pain is in my chest. I can't even understand what the hell it is. I recognize the anger, but it's not directed at him. I'm furious with myself because he was right. I went down so easy last night.

I didn't fight the bond hard enough. Just one touch of his hand on my skin and I gave it all up to him. I'm fucking weak. How the fuck can I call myself an Alpha when one man can bring me to my knees so easily.

I just want to disappear into a hole.

His thumb wipes a tear across my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said. I don't want to dishonor what happened between us last night. It was the best night of my life, I have zero regrets. You gave me a gift that I swear I will treasure for the rest of my life, and if I have to, I'll spend the rest of it making it up to you for my stupid mouth."

Fuck. The Goddess broke the mold when she made this man. How does he say the perfect thing every time?

Because he is mate. He is made for you.