Chapter 27

GENESIS

There's nothing like it in the world. It's intoxicating, the power of marking and being marked by your mate. Claiming that one person who is your everything.

All of a sudden the pieces I didn't know were missing fall into place and everything that once felt wrong in the world is right.

I feel Sebastian in every breath I take. His emotions buzz beneath my skin, pulsing through our bond louder than ever before, and his thoughts, untamed, show me his very soul. I should feel violated by the amount of intrusion overwhelming my mind and body, but it's quite the opposite.

I feel whole.

I hate the idea my sisters will tell me "I told you so." Bitches.

Sebastian hasn't stopped smiling since we marked each other. I haven't gotten over the fact that I marked him. Neither of us have.

We snuck back to my house and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening lazing in each other's arms, both of us overwhelmed by the connections growing between us.

Sebastian goes into love mode overdrive, overwhelming me. His hands never leave me, every chance he gets he's burying his face into my neck to breathe in my new scent, and each time he does I feel the depth of his love and desire.

The full moon is only two nights away and for the first time, I begin to feel the pull and the effect on my body. My breasts feel fuller and tender, and there's an ache in my lower abdomen where I can almost feel my ovaries ready to burst.

My mind feels like cotton balls. I can barely think, my senses overwhelmed by all things Sebastian Kane.

Staring at my monitor I long gave up trying to work instead I do some online shopping, having to order new underwear because Sebastian keeps destroying mine and somehow I've navigated to a baby wear site.

I stare at the offensive site and the cute, plump baby staring with a toothless smile in a romper that costs more than new lingerie.

Damn the full moon!

I almost throw my mouse across the room.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat. My panties are drenched, I'm going to have to change them before Sebastian gets in or we'll be rutting on my desk.

"What is that smell?" Kiara asks as she enters my office.

"What smell?" I ask defensively, crossing my legs.

"Oh-my-goddess, Neo! Why has your scent changed?" Kiara leans over my desk sniffing the air around me, her eyes wide and twinkling as she zeros in on my neck, her jaw dropping open.

"Sebastian marked me." I do my best to be as casual as possible and almost flip out of my seat when Kiara screams and does a little dance pulling out her phone.

"Yes! Trent owes me a hundred bucks!" she squeals.

"What the fuck? Did you bet on Sebastian marking me?" She looks at me happily.

"Of course I did." She exclaims as if that makes any sense to me at all.

"Alpha Trent said you would hold out for the full three-moon trial I said it would happen before the first full moon. Guess I do know you better, you slutty bitch, congratulations! So can I see it?" she smiles eagerly.

I want to kick her head in.

"No, you can't," I growl and unconsciously pull my collared shirt closer to my ears.

I'm absolutely not ready for the world to see it.

Sebastian clearly has no similar feelings because he saunters into my office behind Kiara in a t-shirt that shows off my mark coiling up his neck.