3. news

Violet's POV:

Loud music echoes through my ears as I'm changing in the staff's restroom.
What did I do so wrong to deserve this? Out of all people, why me?
I always put others first, I did right all these years. For nothing because that's how Jesus is paying me.

I push these questions and thoughts out of my mind as I exit the restroom and pretend this wasn't the worst night of my life. You surely had worse than this.

"Vi, table 1 asked for you" James tells me as I begin to think that Jesus is really playing with me. Come on Violet, just an hour till this hell ends.

I reach table 1 and just kindly ask "Did you need anything gentlemen?" and I'm actually proud of how my mouth said gentlemen and not 'worthless pieces of humanity'.

"Yeah another bottle of Puccini wine" a deep voice says, I think I recognised where it's from. The hot stranger.
He had a good accent but I could still hear the italian behind that.

I simply nod and take the order, coming back a few minutes later with the wine and serving it to the 4 men who surround table 1, all of them handsome.

Just as I'm done serving them, a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me back "You're a pretty little thing, I can pay you for a one night" one of the men says. What the fuck now.

"Excuse me Sir, but that's not my job. If you need such thing we have our own prostitutes and I can call one of them for you" I say hoping he would just let me go. But the man didn't.

"It's okay sweetie, forget the one night. How about you stay a bit on my lap?" he says and I swear if I knew this man I would've said yes. But like hell I do.

"Sir there are other girls for that, too" I awkwardly say still not agreeing on sitting on his lap. "Just sit on my lap or else I'll call your boss and you'll get fired" this time he whisper in my ear only for me to hear. What the fuck man.

I really need the job so I don't have a choice. He spreads his legs as I sit on his lap facing the table and the other 3 men. The hot stranger is just staring at me, while the man I'm sitting on is talking about some arrangements.

It's now midnight. Meaning my shift is over.
Great, let's get off this fucker.
I quickly get up from his lap "Gentlemen it was a pleasure serving you tonight. Unfortunately my shift is over so I have to leave. Have a great night" I say hoping nothing else would happen and that I would just go home and sleep.

But of course something happens.
The man I was sitting on gets up and tells me he'd like to bring me home. Like hell you are.
I keep on telling no but he just doesn't listen.
Jesus if you hear me just help me will you?

A different voice speaks this time. The hot stranger's one "Sebastian I think she made it quite obvious she doesn't want you to bring her home". Finally a man with a fucking brain.

I thank him and excuse myself. Can't wait to throw myself on the bed and sleep until next year.

I quickly change in the restroom and get out of Shadows, realising I have to walk since I left my car at home.

I love walking. It clears my mind and I feel like those awful thoughts can't harm me. I don't know how to explain this feeling but it's just so good. And of course, I know that walking alone at night is very risky, especially for a woman, but I always hope I don't cross a drunk man or something else. It's so sad that women have to feel this fearful.

My phone buzzes. It's past midnight who would actually text me right now?

It's an unknown number. Great.
I open the text and it says "You shouldn't walk alone at night. It's dangerous" I get a sick feeling in my stomach as I realise someone is watching me.