30. when the angel got corrupted by the Devil himself

Violet's POV:

"Yeah, I already bought a ticket. After what happened, I want to search for my brother." I speak as I quickly throw all my clothes in the suitcase.

Alex is leaning against the doorframe, watching me. I probably look like a horrible mess.

"You know you don't have to do this, right?" He says and I stop, turning to look at him.

"It's what he wants me to do." I turn back again, walking to the bathroom and grabbing my stuff.

"Did he say that?" Alex asks, now walking closer to me.

"He didn't. And I'm not stupid, I know why he did what he did. He doesn't want to lose me, so he lets a stripper sit on him, touch him, kiss him. Because he wants me to be far away from him." I run out of breath and Alex brings his hands on my shoulders.

"So why are you giving him what he wants? You can protect yourself and you have. So stay here. You know he did that to make you leave, he didn't really want that thing on his lap." Alex speaks, his voice disgusted when he mentions the stripper, referring to her as a 'thing'.

"He's still in love with you, Violet. He's never been in love, you're the first one. And even if you leave, you're going to be the only one. That man doesn't even care about himself, but he cares about you." Alex continues, squeezing my shoulders.

"I'm in love with him, too. We are both madly in love with each other, Alex." I put my hands onto his.

"But what we need to do now is to trust each other. And I can't do that if he doesn't cooperate." My voice shakes a little and Alex hugs me.

"I understand. I do. But I don't want you to go, you know." He says with a sad tone and we pull away.

I caress his cheek "You don't need to worry. I believe in us, in Blake and I. But he needs to believe, too." He just nods.

"So," I turn to my suitcase and close it, before grabbing it "when he realises that too, I will be back. Even if I have to wait forever."

Alex takes my suitcase and helps me down the stairs.

"Were you seriously going without telling me goodbye?" I hear a feminine voice. Silvia.

I turn around and she immediately hugs me.

"Yeah. You know why?" I ask her as she pulls away.

"Why?" She says and looks at me.

I lean closer to her ear "Because this isn't a goodbye." I whisper and she smiles.

I hear footsteps and turn around, finding Jacob.

"I didn't think you would actually leave." He says, hugging me.

"Yeah well, seems like I am" I smile and he smiles back, before grabbing something from his pocket.

He pulls out a letter and hands it to me "This is for you. But you can only read it once you're away from here." He says.

The letter says "From J. A. F. to my future sister-in-law".

"You wrote a letter?" I ask surprised and he brings his hands up smiling "I'm still the Mafia boss' brother, don't get fooled okay?"

"Yeah okay." I shove his shoulder chuckling.

I look at the three of them.

"Take care while I'm gone, okay?" I say and they nod.

Alex starts walking me to the car, when he speaks "You didn't tell him goodbye?"

I was going to. But I realised it was going to be really hard. So I just didn't do it.