26. Him and her: a devil and his angel.

Violet's POV:

"Three times 8 equals 24." I heard the familiar little voice at the end of the hallway.

The little man's voice got louder and clearer as I was standing on the door frame, watching his expression furrow in confusion.

Then something in him clicked and it looked like it all made sense for him "Six times 5 equals 30."

Marco had grown up. He was already 8 years old.

"And seven times 8 equals... 56." He wrote something on the paper under him before tugging the pen inside a little pencil-case.

He got off the chair and finally saw me.
His jaw dropped and his eyes were now glowing as shock took over his face.

"Miss Rodriguez?" He called out for me, I smiled before rushing to hug him.

"Hey kid! Ugh I missed you!" I lower myself a little and he jumps onto me, hugging me tight.

"Miss Rodriguez where were you?" He asked after a moment, letting go of me.

I for sure can't tell a 8 year old kid that I was kidnapped and that when I escaped I left for LA.

"I was really busy. You know, work and stuff." I smile hoping he bought my lie.

"You don't have to lie. I know something was wrong because my brother reunited his team. And he was also really sad."

This kid is too smart. Also, did he call Blake his brother? Awh man.

"Mr Ferreri was sad?" I laugh ironically and he nods. Damn.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me what happened, I understand. But you're staying here now, right?" He says caressing my cheek with his little hand, I nod and take his hand, kissing it.

"Yes kid, I'm pretty sure I'm staying." He wraps his arms around me and I hold him, feeling better after all.

"Marco your babysit-" The deep voice interrupts us, making my head snap to the door as I see him.

"Your babysitter is here to take you out." Blake finishes his sentence as Marco sighs and lets go of me, grabbing a little backpack.

He waves at me and blows me a kiss before running away. I laugh at how cute he is and get up, returning to my normal position.

"Well, you must be busy." I speak walking past Blake but I'm pulled back as he grabs my wrist and turns me, my body against his front, our faces inches away.

"Don't avoid me, Violet." He says, his tone demanding as usual.

"Why? Does it hurt your heart?" I smirk "If you even have one." I laugh at myself and he grabs my neck, pushing me against the door.

I expect him to yell at me, or choke me harder.

Instead he leans his forehead against mine and I breathe in his scent.

"Would you believe me if I said 'I'm sorry' for everything that ever happened since you met me?" He asks with his eyes shut, his body radiating heat.

"Depends." I reply closing my eyes too.

"On what?" He whispers pressing his body harder against mine.

"Would you believe me if I told you that the moon has always been beautiful?" I finally confess. I open my eyes and find him already looking at me.

His eyes were hypnotizing, beautiful and so special. I could feel the ocean around me as I lost myself inside of them.

"Yes." His voice brings me out of my thoughts "I would believe you." He whispers again, glancing at my lips before shutting his eyes as if stopping himself.