11. letters and parties

Violet's POV:

I get up from my bed and look for my phone.
Where the hell did I put it?

It's like I turned the whole room upside down but it was worth it because I found the mother trucker.

I unlock it and search for Alex's number, before pressing the button that calls him.

He picks up after two rings "Hey girlie" he greets me, I can sense his smile through the phone "Hi sweetheart" I reply and we both laugh at each other.

"Hey um, there's a party tonight at Shadows, are you coming?" I ask him "Damn you had me the second you said 'party' " he says making me chuckle. I love this man.

"Great, see you there then." I say, ready to end the call but I hear him sigh before speaking "Violet are you okay?" he says, I can't sense his smile anymore.

It's been so long since we last talked and I've missed him. I mean he's my best friend and I love him, I just wish things were different now.

"I'm okay silly, are you okay?" I reply "Yeah, I just miss you, that's all." he says. Oh I miss you too, Al.

"I miss you too, I really do. But I really needed to get out of there" I say and let out a sigh.

There's a pause of silence before Alex speaks again "Was it because of him? I mean did you need to get out of here because of him?"

He knows he doesn't have to say his name for me to understand who we're talking about.

"He knows how to get on my nerves, but no. It wasn't because of him" I say and begin walking around my room.

"If you say so... Well, see you tonight Violet" Alex says before ending the call.

This boy is weird. Yeah but I still love him.

I open my closet and look for something to wear at the party.

Oh Alex would so compliment me in this dress and tell me i'm a bad bitch.

Fine then, green dress it is. Green is a really underrated colour, when it comes to dresses.

And the one I just picked is quite simple, short and hugs pretty tight my body. I love dresses, they make me feel powerful, probably because men love to stare at women, specially when they're dressed pretty.

(there's a picture of the dress at the end of the chapter if needed!)

Great, now I just gotta wait for tonight. Which is coming in 5 hours.

I never said it but I love writing, I've been doing it since I was little. I used to write letters when I felt the need to, and I think I still have them somewhere in the garage. Most of them are really short but I still like them.

But I have a lot of time, so let's get to work.

___________

After what felt like forever I found the box with all my writing stuff: my notebook, my letters and my favourite pen, which always reminded me of my favourite disney movie, Frozen.

I enter my living room and get comfortable on the couch, ready to relive the old times.

Letter first

Hello reader, nice to meet you!
So, I'm writing this because I'm bored and don't have anyone to talk to.
I'm pretty sure I am in love with the moon.

It's so pretty I could cry.
I could stare at it for decades without getting tired, and I could surely talk about it like she was a person and we were best friends.
I want to have it, someone please hand it to me.