21. stay alive

Violet's POV:

The bed under me feels harder and cooler. Are you sure that's a bed, Vi? My back is hurting and I can feel my knees burning, probably bleeding a little, too.

My throat is dry and suddenly I feel it becoming more tight, as I remember what happened.

4.19 am

I woke up almost screaming as a group of masked men is attacking Blake. I grab my dagger and hurt two of them, while Blake is punching the rest. I try to help him when one of them grabs me from behind and holds a gun to my head.

"Get on your fucking knees Ferreri!" The man shouts tightening his grip around me. Don't. Blake don't. Please, don't.

"Don't hurt her." Blake says, I almost heard a hint of desperation in his voice. He lowers himself until his knees hit the ground, and he holds his arms up.

Where are the fucking guards? Where's Jacob? Alex? Hell, where's Silvia?

"We got the target, tell Boss." The man that's holding me speaks to the others, and Blake immediately stands up "The fuck you are."

"Ferreri I'll shoot her if you move, fucking get on your knees!" The man screams almost chocking me from behind.

Blake looks at me. The look I'll never forget. The look that broke me. "It's okay" I mouth to him and my lips tug up, forming a little smile. A little, sad, smile.

"I'm sorry." He mouths back, a tear rolling down his left eye. Then, one of the men hit his head with a gun, hard. Blake passed out in front of me, while the man holding me began to drag me out of my room.

I watched as Blake's body got out of my sight the more further the man dragged me.

I screamed. I kicked. I punched. All useless.
And in that moment, I felt like I was the most fragile human alive.

I cover my mouth as tears begin rolling down my cheeks. How did this happen?

I look around me, apparently I'm locked up in a cellar. I quickly get up, feeling the pain hitting my knees and my back. I ignore it and reach the door, turning the knob down.

Obviously locked, thanks Sherlock. Glad that my sarcasm hasn't left me.

I kick the door with all the strength left in me "Open the door! Open the fucking door. Let me go. Let me go, please!" I scream as my voice breaks more. God I feel so weak right now.

I back away from the door and lean against the wall, breaking into a sob.

This is the world I entered. And I for sure know that there is no way out of the Mafia world. You're stuck in it forever, it's like a scar.

The door clicks and then opens, making me slightly gasp.

Behind it, the person I never thought I'd see.

"Hello, little sister."

_______________

Blake's POV:

4.54 am

I woke up, feeling the cold floor under me.
And it all hit me.

I was sleeping in her arms for the first time, it felt comfortable.

Then I heard someone coming into our room.

And when I heard multiple footsteps, I quickly got up from the bed and punched the first man.

7 men.

Two of them passed out after a few punches, as I started hitting the others I saw Violet grabbing her dagger.

She was able to injure two of them, before one grabbed her, bringing a gun to her temple.

"Get on your fucking knees Ferreri!" He shouts tightening his grip on her.

I don't even think about it. I do as he said.

I never take orders from others, nor do I from people like these men. But he has a gun to her head. I can't risk her. I won't.

They must've hurt my guards, they probably threw N-bombs, that can make you pass out for a while. As for my brother and Silvia, I think they're out tonight.

"We got the target, tell Boss." The man holding her says, and I instantly get up. They're not taking her. "The fuck you are."

I go to punch the men close to me, when he shouts "Ferreri I'll shoot her if you move, fucking get on your knees!" Gripping her harder. I give up.

I can't save her. They'll hurt her if I try. I know there's a chance I might success, but I wouldn't risk it. If it was someone else, I'd probably try. But it's her, it's Violet. I won't risk her getting hurt because of me.

And that means I can't save her.

"It's okay." She mouths, giving me a small smile. A smile that shows pain.

"I'm sorry." I mouth back, and as I realise I can't do anything now, a tear rolls down my cheek.

Never in my life, I've felt like this.

There I am, one of the most powerful men in the world, vulnerable in a situation like this.

Watching the sweet, innocent girl being dragged away from me. The most pure soul I've ever met in my entire life, being consumed by darkness.

Suddenly a gun hits my head, hard.

Violet. They took my Violet.

When she was here, there was a kind of good energy running through the house. Now that she's gone, she's taken all the good things with her.

I will bring hell on earth.

I've always been compared to the devil. I think the devil is the one compared to me.

_____________

Violet's POV:

This is not happening. Right?

Hello, sister.

It didn't feel real anymore. He hasn't changed much, the only thing is that his body is much muscular. Oh my sweet older brother, where have you been? What have you gotten yourself into?

"Where am I? What are you doing here?" I slowly stand up, with any sort of strength that's left in me.

"Relax, jeez. Look, I don't have much time. You're in Firenze, so you're still in Italy. The person who's keeping you is Sebastian Andreis, you know him. I'm an undercover guard, I work for the Russians." He pauses a second as if giving me time to understand, before he continues. His voice is sweet as usual, just a little more serious.

"We will save you. But you must survive till our arrive." He says cupping my face and looking straight into my eyes. "Pinky promise, like when we were little?"

This feels nice. You know, seeing my brother. Him telling me that he'll save me.

"Pinky promise." He gives me a smile before storming out of the room, leaving me alone. I wonder if it was all a dream.

He left me when mom died, but it's okay now. I saw him, he's doing alright.

I quickly pinch my skin to check if I'm sleeping, but I'm not. I'm awake. I have so many questions, but I'm sure I will be able to ask them once I get out of here.

Once my brother saves me. And still, I can't help but to think about Blake.

Is he looking for me? Are my brother and him working together to save me?

My brother's words replay in my mind.

"Stay alive."

Hello, my lovely reader.
How are you doing?

That took a turning...

If you liked the chapter don't forget to vote <3