29. broken glass and shattered hearts

(Many flashbacks in this chapter, hope you're able to understand everything!)

Blake's POV:

I slowly open my eyes. This bed doesn't feel as comfortable as my bed.

I look around. This is not my room.

Why am I at the hospital?

The door opens, revealing my brother Alberto.

When he makes eye contact with me, his eyes widen.

"Blake! You're finally awake. Oh mio Dio non ci posso credere!" He shouts rushing to me. The hell?

("Omg I can't believe it!")

"Alberto. Che cazzo è successo?" I ask confused and a bit worried.

("Alberto. What the fuck happened?")

"You don't remember?" He looks at me like I'm a fucking alien and I'm losing my patience.

"You were shot, Blake. It's been 8 months. You were in a coma for 8 months." He steps away a little, giving me space.

And then it hits me.

____________

"I never thought you'd take me to a date like this." My sweet angel laughs before grabbing a strawberry and biting it.

"I mean, big-bad-Mafia-Boss Blake Federico Ferreri goes on a romantic date with his future wife. No one would actually believe it." She laughs again. How I love her laugh, mio Dio.

"Future wife? What makes you think you're going to be my future wife?" I ask with a smirk. Even though I already know that she is in fact going to be my wife.

She eats another strawberry and licks her finger before speaking "Well, maybe the fact that you are totally in love with me? Or the fact that I'm perfect? Probably both." She smiles and I do, too. I smile.

She's right, I'm totally in love with her.

Before I know it I feel a sharp pain on my chest, close to my heart.

Her eyes widen as she looks at my white t-shirt. Because it's not white anymore, it's red.

"V-Violet get in the car. Now!" I shout as we both grab our guns and spot the shooter.

"No, you get in the car! You've been shot, get in the car now Blake!" She screams and begins to run after the shooter.

I know I should protect her. I want to. But if I've learnt one thing from this woman, and I have, is that I shouldn't underestimate her.

So I walk to the car, struggling as I can't even seem to breathe.

By the time I get in, I see her running to the driver's seat.

"Are you okay?" I ask as soon as she gets in.

"It's not me you should be worried about, Blake." She says speeding down the street.

"I. I always worry about you piccola." I slowly make out the few words.

"Please stop talking, you're wasting your energies. Stay awake Blake." She commands.

"I love. I love you Violet. I always have. I always will." I can't breathe. It hurts.

She starts to shout at me, but I can't hear her.

God it really hurts.

But I don't care. As long as she's okay.

I've spent my whole life being the bad guy. The villain. But somehow, she managed to change me. I really wanted to be a hero for her.