5. favours

Violet's POV:

It's been 3 weeks since that.

Alex and I have been going out together every time we had the chance to. Silvia got with the handsome guy, whose name is Jacob.

I would say that I'm happy because I now have 2 best friends, and everything's great, but am I?

Am I actually happy, or is it just a temporary distraction from being sad or missing something? I honestly don't have the answer to that.

I mean I have everything I always wanted, a little pretty family. I haven't seen the hot stranger since the last time, in the elevator.

I don't know why I'm bringing up that man, but I keep thinking about him when I'm not with Sil or Alex.

After a week with Alex I figured out I don't like him romantically, so I don't have a crush on him and I think he likes a co-worker at Aurora Hotel, so it's perfect.

Speaking about him, I gotta meet him and the 2 love birds in a hour. We're going to have a coffee and talk, everything should be fine.

My phone rings. My angel of course.
"Yes, Sil?" I pick up and she immediately starts talking "Hey Vi, so about the date, I'm freaking out because I don't know what to wear and if he's going to like that or if it's going to be comfortable or whatever and-" I cut her off

"Nope Miss Rossi you're not going to stress about the date, because the guy likes you and if you two really want a serious thing, it'll come. Now put on whatever you feel like wearing today and smile when you look at yourself in the mirror." I try to convince her "Smile in the mirror?" she asks confused.

"Yes, every girl would smile at the mirror if they were you" I tell her, because that's the truth. She's a sweetheart and absolutely gorgeous.

"Vi, I love you" she says "I love you too honey, now go get ready" and I hang up. But it's a matter of seconds before the device rings again.

The other bestie, Alex.
"Hey Miss Rodriguez" he says obviously grinning "Yes Mr Martini?" Since I discovered his surname I call him by that, I don't know why I like it. Don't mind me.

"Okay now let's be serious, Violet I need a really massive favour from you" he begins and I'm starting to worry "You know you can count on me, but when it comes to really massive favours I prefer to say that it depends" I say.

"Well, if you say no it's totally fine, but I have to try." he says making me even more curious "Just tell me" he takes a breath "Would you take my place at work today, if it was only for 2 hours?" he asks.

Well, friends gotta do what friends gotta do.
"So you want me to take your place today, not for the whole shift which is 6 hours, but only for 2 hours?" I ask making sure I heard that right.

"Yeah..." he hesitantly says. "It's fine, I'll do it" I say making him excited, because he starts screaming around on the phone and thanking me.

"From when to when?" I question "From 7pm to 9pm" he answers. Yeah, I can do it. And it's Saturday so I don't have work.

We chat for a few minutes more, before we end the call and get ready for our fantastic date.

.......................

We're all seated at the table, at the Cafe.
Not all, one is missing. Me Jacob already starting bad I see.

Never mind, I just saw him entering the Cafe.
He sits beside Silvia and smiles at her before whispering something to her ear, and starting to chat with her.