18. stage three: making a bet.

Violet's POV:

Mornings.

Mornings haven't been the same since I've met Blake, Alex and Jacob. Since I've had trouble with Sebastian. Since Christian tried to fool me and kidnap me.

Before I used to get up a little joyful and have my morning routine, then leave for work.

And now, now I just get up and change, before welcoming another great day in Italy.

Sarcasm now is not the right time.

Don't get me wrong I love Italy and all, but I hate that I'm visiting it in this situation. My trip to Italy should've been amazing. I'd never thought that I'd be visiting Italy because a crazy mafia leader was trying to take me.

I get up and reach the bathroom, turning on the water.

As I get out of my pj's and under the hot water, I think of Christian again.

I want to know the truth. I want to know what was happening. If he felt even the slightest thing for me. Whether it was anger, love, hatred, compassion. I don't know, anything.

To think that we could've had it all. What a shame.

I get out of the shower and dry my body before putting on some clothes.

It looks like there's no one here, like everyone left.

I mean the house is so big I wouldn't know if someone was here, but that's fine.

After my daily italian breakfast, I decide to take a walk along the pool.

I never stay in the garden, it looks desert. I mean this house would be so pretty if the owner laughed or smiled or even felt positive about something.

But that's not something Blake knows, and I'm truly sorry about that. Did his parents give him even the slightest piece of love? Was he always like this?

I don't know. I hate having all these questions but not having the answers, it makes my head hurt.

I walk along the pool and sit, my feet dangling in the swimming pool without touching the water.

This feels peaceful but sad. How are people with this lifestyle happy? I mean you have to constantly worry about being safe, about your business and about your enemies. It's stressful and exhausting.

The sound of footsteps pulls me out of my thoughts, and I'm met with Jacob as I gaze up.

His tall figure sits beside me, crossing his long feet.

"Hey" I say looking at the water in front of me.
"Hey" He says back with a soft tone. Ugh if only Blake was as kind as his brother. Sorry, I meant if only he was kind at all.

"We're going shopping this afternoon." He says making me furrow my eyebrows "I don't need anything. You guys can go." I don't feel like going out for shopping today.

I know, you'd probably say 'Bitch are you out of your mind? A rich man is taking you and your bestie shopping and you're saying no?' And I agree with you. I just don't want to do it today, we have plenty of have after all.

"I'm afraid these are the orders Vi. Boss gave them." He says and I turn to look at him, he smiles. "Tell Mr Ferreri that I don't care about his orders." I say blowing a kiss to Jacob.

"You can do it yourself, he's coming with us." He says wiggling his eyebrows, and I'd laugh if it wasn't for what he just said. Oh hell nah.

"What do you mean?" I know this was a stupid question but I just want to know if I heard it right.