37. holding onto life

Violet's POV:

I wake up in my bed, a lot of light coming from the window.

"Morning sunshine!" Silvia bursts through the door, flashing me her beautiful smile.

"Jesus girl, it's like, what? 7 am?" I say, chuckling under my pillow.

"It's 7.13 am, who cares?" She sarcastically says, sitting her ass on my bed.

"I do, you pretty fucker!" I grab my pillow and throw it in an attempt to hit her, but I obviously miss as my eyes were closed the whole time due to the light.

She lays beside me, I open my eyes to look at her.

She stares at the ceiling, as she lets out a sigh.

"What are you even doing here at 7.13 am?" I laugh and she turns her head to me, smiling.

"What do you mean?" She asks. Is this woman okay?

"What do you mean 'What do you mean?'?" I say and she giggles.

"It's really nice here. It feels like home, but you're not really at home." Her expression turns into a sad one.

"I don't understand." I say, clearly not having any idea about what's going on.

"You're my sister, Violet. Hold on to that." She says.

And with just one blink, she's gone. I'm alone on this bed.

Why do I feel like my clothes are getting wet?

I feel the bedsheets become water and suddenly I'm not on the bed anymore.

I find myself falling, before hitting a water surface and getting pulled to the deep end of a pool.

I'm drowning.

I can't reach the surface. It's like I'm stuck here, attached to the floor of the pool.

Two arms pull my waist and I feel like I'm flying.

The person brings me to the surface and out of the pool.

"What the hell? Violet are you okay?" The man asks worried.

Alex.

I cough a few times before I can actually breathe regularly.

"I feel like I'm losing my mind." I whisper, a tear escaping my eye.

"You're not. It's just, it's complicated." He says, staring at the pool where I almost drowned.

"Just, just survive somehow Violet." He tells me. Huh?

"You're my best friend, I need you to remember that." He says, before diving into the pool.

He never came up again.

What is happening?

"Hey there, you shouldn't be here." I hear another voice coming from behind me.

As I turn around I'm met with Jacob.

"Why? What's going on?" I'm so confused.

Jacob gestures at me to follow him as he enters the mansion.

I get up and quickly walk behind him.

"You should stop asking all these questions by the way. There will be no answer, little one. It's not up to us unfortunately." He says as he walks in front of me, towards Marco's room?

We reach Marco's room and he opens the door, but he doesn't get in.

"You have to enter this room. I can't be by your side, little one. But I have one last thing to tell you," He says, stepping closer to me.

", you're my favorite. You always have been, and I don't want anyone else taking your place, never forget that, Violet." He says, his eyes softening more.

With that, he disappears into the hallway, and I'm left alone with Marco's door open.

I walk inside the little kid's room, immediately feeling my chest tightening when I see him sitting at his desk, drawing something.

He turns around and smiles at me, before running to me.

"Violet! I missed you so much!" He hugged my legs, but I couldn't feel him.

"Me too, sweetie. How are you?" I ask, I think I can make this type of question.

"I'm fine, do you want to see my drawing?" He asks excited. I nod and he takes my hand, leading me to his desk.

He takes his drawing and holds it for me to see it.

He drew Blake, Jacob, Silvia, Alex and himself.

"Where am I?" I ask smiling at him, but he doesn't smile back.

This isn't about drawings.

"I'm waiting for you. When you're ready, come back Mom."

Mom.

He called me mom.

He takes the drawing and runs out of his room.

I don't even try to follow him, I know I shouldn't.

I turn around and walk out of his room, my legs take me to the garage.

I find the beautiful Range Rover, with the keys on the hood.

I unlock it and get inside, resting my head on the steering wheel.

"It's okay, amore." Oh my.

I immediately turn my head to the passenger seat, meeting my handsome husband.

I try to hug him, even though I can't feel his body.

"It's not okay." I sob into his arms.

"It is, baby." He assures me.

"No Blake, I don't know what's going on and I can't even ask questions. It feels like I'm a ghost. Nothing here is alive." I wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"My love for you is." He says, with love and passion in his eyes.

"You'll be gone in a few minutes, won't you?" I ask, ignoring the fact he can't answer these things.

He simply looks at me, and then he smiles.

"What are you smiling at?" I ask irritated.

"Just my beautiful and gorgeous wife." His dimples show.

"Now, I want you to listen to me baby." He says, grabbing my full attention.

"If you can't make it, fuck I can't do it either. I need you to come back to me. It's you, it always have been, it always will be. No one else, you."

He tries to smile, even though his lip quivers.

"Life was about survival, but then, my dear, you came along. And I finally knew what it felt like to be alive."

My precious husband, how I love him.

"Walk away now Violet. I don't want to be the one that does that, not when you're the one holding onto life." He says and reaches the handle of my door, opening it.

"I'm always here love. And if you don't find me, search for me inside of this breathtaking thing you have here." He point at my chest, right where my heart hides.

I look at him once again, before leaving the car.

That last glance I gave him, I knew I was falling over and over again for that man.

_________

A little little update, hope you appreciate it anyway!!

I love you, stay hydrated.

<3

Please vote!!