31. so they meet again

Violet's POV:

Four months since I last saw the people that I call family.

Silvia and I spoke on the phone almost every day and she made sure I always knew what was going on there.

I haven't talked to Jacob because I still have to read his letter. And to be honest, I'm scared of doing so.

Blake called me once. But, it was around 5 am and I was still asleep, so I didn't answer. And I never called him back.

Then there's Alex.

He disappeared.

Silvia called me one day and told me that Alex wasn't home for a whole month.

Everyone thinks he's doing fine and that he's probably on some mission of his own, but I have a bad feeling about this.

I think that, if he was actually fine, he would've called me. At least once.

And now he hasn't been home for three months.

I tried to call him, I texted him, I even emailed him. But nothing.

On the other side, I found my brother.

It was a week after I got here, in Russia.

I had a meeting with the Russian Mafia's Boss, Quinn Ivan Aliaz.

He has an alliance with the Italian Mafia and a few other Mafias. Because him and the other leaders were childhood best friends.

Turned out, my brother is the Boss' wingman. He's an assassin and personally goes on missions for his Boss.

Just like Alex.

I had time to bond with my brother, after all that time of not seeing him or hearing from him.

His name is Leonard Vittorio Rodriguez. He's two years older than me and he used to be a very protective older brother. That sort of ended when I turned nineteen and he disappeared.

It's been such a long time since then.

Leo was always there for me, but I guess I wasn't a little girl anymore when he left.

And now, I'm currently sitting at the edge of my bed, contemplating whether I should sleep or keep staring at the floor.

I'm just really nervous 'cause tonight there's a very important meeting and all the allies of the Russian Mafia are going to be there.

So that means, the Italian Mafia too.

The good thing, is that I would see Silvia and Jacob after four months.

The bad thing is, obviously, that I would also see Blake. I mean, it's not like he's the Italian Mafia's Boss.

I glance at the clock, 8 am.

I guess I'll sleep this afternoon.

My phone starts ringing and my brother's name pops up on the screen.

"Good morning sunshine." He greets me and I want to slap him. "It's 8 am, what do you want?" I speak annoyed.

"Don't be grumpy sis, get ready and come at the mansion. I'll wait for you." He says and quickly hangs up, not giving me time to protest.

First, I need me a coffee big bro.

______________

"Good morning Miss Rodriguez" A familiar voice says from behind. As I turn around, I'm met with the one and only, Quinn.

"Good morning to you too, and I'm pretty sure I already told you to call me Violet" I give him a smile as he embraces me in a hug.

"I know, but I love teasing you. How have you been, flower?" He smiles pulling away.