24) Family matters

*have a grumpy joot*

Yeah... Hello again guys. It's good to see some of you are still interested in this lil' old story of mine. Like I've mentioned before, a lot of stuff that had changed my life entirely happened, feck, I'm an adult person with an ex, a driving license, and final exams to do.
Adulthood, am I right, haha? Uh...
You might notice that my writing style has changed a bit, hopefully for the better. Bear with me as I try to finish what I've started here over a year ago. I'll also attempt to be consistent with what I've written before (man, I've reread the entire thing xD)

Aaaanyway, the special thing I've prepared for the finale - it's gonna be a choose your own adventure/ending! Woo, who doesn't love free choice, am I right? Enjoy yall
~~~~~

Almost in a flash you suddenly find yourself fully dry, standing in the multi-purpose room as everyone talks over each other, some in excitement, some in worry. Esidisi and Santana try to explain to everyone what happened in the bathroom, while Wamuu and Arya are hugging you with all their might, as if making sure it's still you, and Kars watches you with a silent judgement.
He is probably thinking if you remember the things he told you while you were in the wolf form.
You do.
Well, somewhat.
It felt like you were watching everything like a movie. You couldn't affect anything, just passively watch while crunching your imaginary popcorn and laughing sometimes.
You still have an urge to lick someone's face or play with a ball, but your brain is telling you what a stupid idea would that be.

Finally, Kars stands up, and everyone stops speaking and the two hugging you quickly let go. You can't read the man's expression, and when you try to read his thoughts, you get overwhelmed by the chaos in his mind. Instead you just stand there, awaiting your fate.
When he walks towards you, you tense up, worried if he'll hurt you, but instead, he gently but strongly wraps his hands around you in a hug.

"Glad you're back Y/N."
He says in the most honest sounding voice you've probably heard from him yet. He lets go of you just as quickly, and eyes the quietly squealing Esidisi and Arya.
"You. Saw. NOTHING."
He beams and backs away from you.

"My lord, may I suggest a celebration to rejoice over the human's return?" Suggests Wamuu, resting his huge hand on your shoulder.
"Just a small one, the little thing must be dead-tired after such an eventful day." Kars says, looking aside, probably hiding his leftover embarrassment.

As soon as he finishes talking, Wamuu seemingly teleports away into the kitchen while Arya drags Esidisi with her to prepare the tables and such. Kars walks out of the room with all the grace he can muster, and you're left alone with Santana. You give him a smile, and he takes it as an invitation to grab you and hug you with all his might.
"I was so worried Forti... When those vampires attacked and you disappeared... And then as the wolf... I thought you'd be gone forever..."

"There's no way I could leave you, Sanny... You're my closest friend here!" You gently pet his back, and he seems to smile into your shoulder. When you two finally let go, Santana suddenly looks way calmer, but also as if he's used up all of his social battery for the day.
"Sorry, I was bothering you, wasn't I, Forti?"
"You never do San, I'm glad you feel better now. Why don't you sit somewhere while I help the others prepare the room?"

"No need for that!" Shouts Arya as she drags the last chair to it's place, and pats the smug-looking cloud haired pillarmen's shoulder. "We're done already."
"Oh..." You say in disappointment. "Um, well, what about setting plates and such?"
"Ah, you're right, I'm so forgetful sometimes!" Laughs Arya while taking your hand and dragging you along behind her. "Come on, let's check the kitchen!"

"Welcome kitten! And miss Arya." Says Wamuu, looking away from his pans and pots. "How may I help you two?"
"We're getting some plates and utensils." Says Arya, still holding your hand tightly. You turn slightly red, as it doesn't seem like a friendship thing anymore.
"Are you alright kitten? You're turning a bit red. Are you changing into some animal again?" Asks Wamuu with concern in his voice, and the girl looks over to you before realising what she had done and quickly letting go of your hand, red as a tomato.
"Oh my gosh, sorry Y/N! I totally forgot, it felt so normal." She mumbles in panic.
Wamuu suddenly laughs loudly and pats Arya's shoulder.
"My my, and in my kitchen? I thought you were supposed to 'kiss the chef'."
"Thank you for the cooking, Uni." You say, pulling Wamuu down (uh, well, he actually leaned down for you) and kissing his cheek.