18)Anger Issues

Hello my people
Here comes another chapter, and we're getting closer and closer to 20
(° o °)/
Lemme say I already prepared a treat for u. I hope it'll turn out how I want.
Anyways, here's the next part of the story
(^ w^) ~

Wamuu makes sure you're alright in his hands, and looks at your leg.
"How do you humans heal stuff like that?"
"Well, I would usually just tie it with a bandage and rest... It's a torn ligament. It'll swell up, and I won't be able to walk for a while" you explain.
"I think that would be alright, we can help you, but I think Santana can make you heal faster, just like he healed your hand" offers Wamuu.
"Oh, clever idea. Can you take me to him?"
"Anywhere, Kitten." Wamuu smiles.

You two talk about Santana. You already knew that Wamuu has the power of wind, and Esidisi fire. Wamuu explained that Santana excells in his ability of body control. He sometimes kills people just by walking through them and tearing off their body parts, or even possesing their body.
Kars used to have the power of light blades, but since he gained the red stone of Aja, he also gained many other abilities like body manipulation, tolerance to sun and something called the ripple. Before you can ask any further, he suddenly shushes you.

As he walks through the halls, now in silence, he suddenly comes to a halt. In the shadows in front of you stands a tall figure.
Wamuu seems unfazed, he must've sensed it. He only bows slightly, since he can't do much with you in his arms.

"Lord Kars"
The shadow says nothing.
"I took the human to see my horses, and I've caused them harm on accident."
Kars comes into the light, looking furious, looming over Wamuu.
"I noticed! I can smell blood all the way from my chamber. Is this how you take care of my things?!"

'Wait wait wait, so I'm a Kars's "thing" now?'
"Blood? Oh, I guess I must've scratched myself on the ground. It's nothing really..." You try to defend Wamuu.
Kars doesn't listen and draws his blade. You turn your face into Wamuu's chest in fear.

You hear a swish, a surprised gasp and drops of something falling to the ground. You aren't hurt. And as you find when you open your eyes, neither is Wamuu.
In front of you two stands a tall figure with white puffy hair.
"Are you alright you two?"
He swiftly looks at you with a smile. You notice his upper arm is cut straight across, but it doesn't seem to bother him.
It's Esidisi.
He must've heard Kars and came to your rescue.

"You need to calm down, Kars"
"You dare use my name with no honorific? Have you forgotten who spared you? Get out my way so I can punish him!"
Kars comes closer to the brave pillar man, but he just stands as a shield.
"I'm not letting you hurt Wamuu until you hear him out. You always make rushed decisions you regret later."
"SHUT UP!"
Kars attacks again, hitting Esidisi's other arm. Esidisi grunts, but doesn't move.
"At least fight back you coward!"
"No, I never want to scare the Human again."

The two of them start battling. Well, more like Esidisi dodging and blocking while Kars swipes his blades at him furiously.
You watch them with fear, but slowly start cheering Esidisi on. Until Kars hits him and he falls to the ground with blood gushing out. Just as the Ultimate Being is about to hit the laying man, you push away from Wamuu and fall-jump to Esidisi.
Kars stumbles out of nowhere, as if something threw him back.

You pull Esidisi closer to you and check his wounds. He's all sliced up on his arms and chest. The most worrying injury is a cut leading up to his neck. You tear off the sleeve of his human shirt and tie it on his wound. The bleeding slows and you're so happy you took first aid lessons. You let Esidisi's head lay on your lap and focus on the current situation.

Kars is leaning on a wall, while kneeling Wamuu tries to explain what happened. It seems that at the very least, Kars calmed down for a bit. Why did he stop all of a sudden? He was mid-swing. It couldn't have been just you throwing yourself in his aim. Not even Kars can stop the swing of a weapon like that.

You hear Esidisi growl from your lap, and you focus back to him. He opens his eyes, and looks up at you.
"Are you alright Missy?"
"You dumbass, he almost killed you, and you ask ME if I'm fine?" You spurt half angrily, half in worry.
He smiles, and immediately hisses in pain.
"Well this'll take a while to heal."

"Why did you let him hurt you? Why let him take out his anger on your body?" You look at him with a tear forming.
"If I did not, someone else would have to."
You hug him around his neck. He seems surprised but satisfied. He's never gotten this much affection from you, and he loves it.

After a while he whispers right in your ear:
"Enjoying yourself?"
You realise you've been hugging him for quite a while and immediately drop him to the ground in embarrassment.
"Ow, I deserved that"
'Right back to his goofy self'
"Yes you did." You grin.

It's awfully quiet. Wamuu finished explaining, and now Kars is staring at you and Esidisi. He growls with an annoyed look, and you make one of the worst decisions in your life. You tease him by hugging Es's arm, looking right into his deep, purple eyes. The furious man immediately jumps to you and drags you away from Esidisi.
"Ow ow ow" You yelp, and he remembers you are hurt.

"Ugh, so difficult!"
Kars grunts. He sits you on the ground, and squats in front of you. One of his hands lights up with a blood red shine. You try to back up fearfully, but he holds your shoulder. Annoyed, he briefly explains:
"This is hamon. An ancient technique that uses breathing and the power of sun to enhance the body of the user. It can accelerate a body's ability to heal wounds. Now will you hold on for a bit?"

If you could, you'd just run away, but a strong arm is holding you in place, so you don't risk it. He touches your ankle, and it hurts for just a second. Then he reaches away, and asks you to move your leg.
Surprisingly, it doesn't hurt anymore. No swelling, just a mild bruise. You stand up and take a few steps. It seems you're healed. You say a quick thank you to him, but are already turning away to talk to Esidisi and Wamuu.

"Not that quick."
Kars drags you back to him, lifting your face.
"This is how you show your gratefulness? You haven't been punished yet."
He whisks you away, sprinting through the palace.
Before you know it, he already jumped off the balcony and is flying away with you.

'What a great day...' you think to yourself with your arms folded and legs dangling in the air.

Booyah, another chapter done. Only one more to go, and then the special episode...
Hmmm what could it be?

I felt like Esidisi doesn't get enough love, so I needed to fix that.
Also Kars in this story is a jealous beeatch, but I love him nonetheless.
Signing off for now, Lisa