14)A Flight in the Night

Damn, this Corona thing is getting more and more serious. Please just stay safe guys. But don't panic. Don't be those people who buy 200 rolls of toilet paper and 20kg bags of rice. Things will get better, I promise.
Let's rather do the things we enjoy. Weak mental state equals weak body, so if you can, relax. Rewatch Jojo, read a book, have a nap.
Love y'all.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ehm... Would you be so kind, My Lord, and put me on the ground?"
"Oh, and why would I do that human? We haven't gotten anywhere yet."
This isn't what you imagined when he offered you a look outside. You thought it would be a walk or something.
Luckily you're not that terrified of heights.

He starts flying away from the tower. It seems he chose a slower pace so you could get used to the feeling of dangling in the air. He acts cruel, but can be quite thoughtful. He would never admit that though.

His large, dark-feathered wings are spread above you two, wind slightly whistling and ruffling Kars's feathers. It doesn't seem to bother him though. He glides on the wind, sometimes just slightly flapping his wings to gain a better position. When you finally calm down a bit, you start looking at the world under you. You're really high, almost as high as airplanes fly. Somehow you can still breathe. Did Kars do something? If you think about it, your clothes aren't really flapping in the wind either. And you feel it hitting you only like a small breeze.

"Wamuu gave you a part of his wind suit, so you'd be safe. He must have thought he'd protect you in case something happened. Guess that wasn't a bad idea afterall. Normally I would punish him for acting without my notice, but since it's useful..."
Can this bastard read your thoughts?
No, he can't, but he's terribly good at body language reading.

The wind slashes across your face, but you enjoy the feeling. The only wind in the castle is usually a sign of Wamuu's presence. Quite creepy if you think about it. You look up at Kars, and notice a slight, unsarcastic smile on his lips as he looks into the distance. He must love flying. You check if you're really being held safely, and then, on a whim, spread your arms. Kars looks down in confusion, but you just close your eyes and pretend you're flying. Well, you are, but with a bit of "assistance".

"You know, I really respect you humans. There is one thing that me and humans share - the desire to improve. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to see the sun. I knew that if I could find a way to do so, I would become the ultimate being. I created the stone masks to try and help my people evolve. But they said I was too dangerous..."
He says, as he looks back towards the horizon. You think about a small Pillar Boy dreaming about seeing the sun. If only you knew him back then, he might've became a good person...

You've been flying about half an hour in silence. Kars slowly picked up pace, as he probably assumed you were comfortable already. Then he starts circling and you look under you. Deep down is some sort of a large lake. He circles lower and lower, before finally landing on his feet, still holding you. You two are on some sort of an island.

"You aren't escaping anywhere from here" he says with a bit of a cocky smile, as he slowly lets you down on your feet. As soon as you reach the ground, you stumble and he holds you up a bit.
"Better strengthen those legs of yours, we'll have to walk for a bit"
You courageously stand up, and he laughs at your puny attempts to act tough.
"Come on..."

There is a small rocky beach near where you landed, and a bit further stands a small forest. It's a bit creepy, because it is dark, but Kars takes out his blade which lights up your surroundings. In the pale white light, you walk between the trees.
"I go to this place when I want to be alone."
You hear a rustle from the side and in fright, you run to Kars and hug his arm. Before you realise your mistake, he chuckles and pulls you to his side.
"Look at how cute you can be when afraid"

Finally in front of you is a pond. There aren't any fish in it, with moss on the ground and reeds and lotuses growing around. There, Kars sits down on a mossy pillow and drags you down with him, you now sitting in front of him.

Damn this is uncomfortable.

You try to open your mouth, but his hand stops you.
"Shh, just watch."
You're just about to protest, when something white shines on the water. You focus on it, and notice it's the opening bloom of a lotus. As you watch it open right in front of your eyes, more and more flowers appear on the water, until the surface of the pond is covered in beautiful 'stars'.

"This is.... Breathtaking"
"I have never showed this to anyone, you better appreciate it."
You totally forgot he's here with you.
"Oh, yes- Um, thank you My Lord."
You scoot away from him.
"I became the ultimate being, and found out it didn't make me happy. I reached my goal and there was no new way to improve. I fell into boredom. Now I have you to entertain me. I love learning things, because they prove I can still become better in some way. I can learn so much from you Human..."

He then stands up and gestures for you to stay. You are confused, but he just jumps up and flies away. Well great, now you're stuck in a forest on an island in the middle of a lake.
You try to find your way back to the beach, and after stumbling in the dark, you see the sky above you again.

You slowly start to feel cold, even with your coat. You try walking around and doing some exercises to warm yourself up. Thankfully your new scarf is pretty large, so you wrapped yourself in it as much as you could.
Something large hugs you from behind and you find Kars is back. He gives you a box of fries.

"Humans sold it nearby." He explains briefly.
You nod and eat. You haven't had fast food in a while. In the meantime, Kars pulls out a lily and puts it behind your ear as he holds you with his other hand.
"You Humans are so fragile. Always cold, hungry, or scared... I'll ask your new maid to wash you later."
"Why not Esidisi? He took care of me well before..."

He holds your chin up to him angrily
"I'm not letting him be so close with you anymore!"
You feel scared once again, but he lets you go.
"I'll limit your contact. Santana and Wamuu are still fine, but Esidisi should focus on our current objective."

He is like Envy itself. Well, you're sure you'll see Esidisi again soon. You finish your fries. Even though Kars is still warming you up, you start shivering again. You feel drowsy, hardly able to stand.
"I don't feel well..."
Kars reaches to your forehead.
"Your body temperature is really high Human!"

Your vision fades as you fall.

Kars is really into holding people I guess lol. He seems like the guy who'd try to be as controlling as possible.

I should probably mention that I have had this and the next chapter planned almost from the beginning of this book, and it has nothing to do with the current situation.