15)Fever Dreams and Voices in your Head

Just in case, I repeat - this has nothing to do with the current situation.
Stay strong my dudes.

And yes, that's a cat in a blanket.

"What have I done, what have I done...?"
You hear whispers from your sleep.

...

"SHE'S DYING!"
Yells someone.

You're laying on your bed, covered by blankets, but still shivering.

"No, please Forti, don't do us like this..." Says a quiet voice sounding awfully sad.

Something or someone is holding your hand, as if clinging to your life.

"Is she going to be okay?" Asks a deep voice, obviously trying to cover fear.

"It's all my fault" says no one. But you still hear it. Not from around you. From somewhere inside.
Actually your head is full of voices. Some yelling, crying, whispering.

It's a cacaphony of sounds. You whimper and curl into a ball, covering your ears.

"ALL OF YOU! CALM DOWN OR LEAVE!"
Yells a loud female voice. Female?

There is silence for a while. Nobody dares speak.

"It's just a fever. She'll be fine, I had so many fevers when I was still human. But you aren't helping by freaking out. Master Wamuu, you cook some easy to digest meal, like a soup. Esidisi, keep her warm, get her some blankets. Santana, you can sit next to her. Your voice seems to be calming her. Lord Kars..." The female voice stops, hesitantly.

'I might have gone too far. But I have to help her. I'll figure out how to help myself later'

"Lord Kars, humans make different pills to help them battle sickness. If you found a Pharmacy and asked for something against fever..."

You hear the sound of the door opening and closing, and long slow footsteps disappear somewhere in the distance.

You start feeling warmer and more comfortable.

You fade back into deep sleep.

~~~

You are walking near a river with your dog, when you see a group of grown men harassing a young woman. There are two men holding her arms while the third talks to her, holding her chin up.
"Let her go or I'm calling the police!"
You yell. They laugh and one of them starts coming towards you. Without any further thinking, you release the dog on them. They (dog's gender - he/she) growls at them and the men run away in fear. The girl falls on the ground.

"Are you alright? What did you do to them?" You ask the blond girl.
"They tried to make me sell drugs, and I refused. Now they want money from me."
You help her up.
"Where do you live? Me and Dog will take you home."
"Thank you for your kindness, but they won't leave me alone, and from now on, you neither."

"Then you should call the police."

"Oh... I don't have a phone..."
"Then I'll give you my old one. Us girls need to help each other out." You smile.
"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you..."

"Arya"

~~~

When you wake up, there is complete silence around you. You open your eyes to see 4 concerned faces. You slightly yelp in surprise.
"Human I thought you were dead!"
"I told you not to shout Esidisi."
Answers the female voice from before.
One of your hands is being held by Santana's, and Wamuu is sitting on the edge of your bed. Somewhere in the background stands a tall purple shadow.

"How are you feeling?" Asks the female voice. Arya.
"Uhh I'm still dizzy, but I don't feel like vomiting anymore, which is great"
You say in a weak voice.
"Then would you like some chicken stock Wamuu prepared?"
"Sure"
Santana helps you sit up, while Wamuu and Esidisi go get the soup.
Then Wamuu feeds you spoonfuls, while Esidisi warms up your blankets. You look them both in the eyes and smile.
Then you look back at Kars. He's in the exact same spot.

"I think (Y/N) needs some rest. If I could ask you to leave, Masters..."
The first one to leave is Santana. He grips your hand one last time and leaves. Then does Esidisi, after giving Arya unsuccessful puppy eyes. Wamuu ponders if he should listen to this servant, but your health is more important at the moment.

Kars doesn't leave. Instead, he stays in the back.
"Arya... How do you know my name?"
"We have met a long time ago. You might not remember (Y/N), but it was one of the most important moments in my life."
You remember your dream.
"Back at that river...?"
"Yes (Y/N)!" She say excitedly and hugs your neck. Then she realises her actions.
"Um, sorry..." She pulls away.

"Lord Kars...?"
You ask weakly and reach out your hand. The shadow moves a bit, before coming closer and taking your hand.
His hand is large, but surprisingly soft.
"(Y/N)..." He rolls your name on his tongue.
"Now that I know your name, you're gonna be way more fun."
Arya gives you an apologetic look, but you shake your head. You needed someone to call you by your name, just to remind you of who you are.

Somewhere in the back of your head a single voice can be heard.
'It's my fault.'
This isn't your inner voice. You look at Kars, and his eyes are a bit cloudy, even though he's smiling.
You pull him a little bit closer. Just a bit, to tell him you don't mind him here.
Arya steps a bit away from your bed, and Kars sits on the edge of it.

"Let's all meet here tonight. So we can talk for a bit..."
You suggest.
"I'll allow it, but your chambers are a bit small for that. I know the perfect place"

Arya gets you a drink and some pills.
"Kars went to the human town just to get these"
"Thank you My Lord"
"Would you mind moving a bit Kars? I'm trying to help her."
You notice Kars staring at the woman angrily.
'What does she think she is? Ordering us to do things? Even me of all people? This needs revenge' says the voice in your head.
"Arya!"
You yell and pull her to you by her hand, just as Kars takes out his blade.
You, still weak and now caughing, pull Arya on the bed behind you, just so you cover her with your body.

"Lord Kars, please calm yourself. She's acting like this because she is trying to help me. If you want to punish her for that, you'll have to punish me."
Kars's eyes are flaming with rage, but his blade retracts.
"Woman! I order you to leave if you don't have anymore helping to do."
Arya leaves all the things you might need on a table beside your bed. Then she waves and leaves.

"Why would you try to protect her with your own life?"
"That's something humans do."
"But how did you know I wanted to attack?"
You try to remember, but you don't really know. Instead you pull onto Kars's arm and pat the bed to signal him to stay.

"I'll just have a rest. I feel safe with someone strong around." You half lie. You do enjoy being protected, but this is the last person you feel safe with. It is him who needs your presence. He needs to calm down to make sure he doesn't hurt anybody. And you'll need energy for the evening. You can't wait to feel better again and have a party of sorts.

"(Y/N)..."
"Hm?"
"Oh, I just wanted to say that one more time. It's gorgeous."
"Good night Lord Kars"
"Night (Y/N)"

Wholesome Kars UwU

I actually watched some videos to try to figure him out a bit more, and get this:
One dude has a really good theory that when Kars trickily attacked Lisa Lisa, it was because he learned that from Joseph. As you know, until then he had respect for her, and offered her a painless death.
Overall he respects things that deserve it, and apparently You do.

See ya in the next Sleepover Chapter

\(> w <)/