22)The Wild Side of Nagare

I just want to believe that Kars likes animals - it's adorable.

I've had this idea for a while now, and I've been on and off about writing it. Lemme just say that there'll be a fight and a bit of a plot twist. No more spoilers tho.

...

Buckle up, this one's very interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ever since that first training session a week ago, every day have been almost the same - pretty intense. Wake up, have a breakfast, talk to Wamuu, Arya or both of them, and then the morning lesson...

Kars has taken it upon himself to learn everything about your ability, and ever since, he's been lecturing you about how to control it, it's history... He reminds you of when you went to school. Thankfully there's always either Esidisi or Santana with you, so at least you have some emotional support.
Once, Kars even refused to give you lunch before you successfully put a rat to sleep, but thankfully Wamuu reminded him you'd focus better if you weren't hungry.

After that there's some more afternoon training, usually in the racing ring. You've already mastered the small mammals, and once you even got to pet a deer.
For the evening, everyone gathers either in your cell or the multi-purpose room and they listen to you reading a book. It's their favourite part of the day.

Today would be different though, you could tell. You knew it ever since not only Wamuu and Arya, but also Esidisi and Santana came with breakfast. They all had a worried look on their face.
"Is something wrong?" You ask but no-one answers.
Now this is very unnerving. They try to talk about things like usual, but there's hesitation in their voices, Santana doesn't even speak at all.

As soon as you finish your meal, Wamuu speaks.
"Today you won't have a morning lesson with Kars, he decided to give you a break before training."
"Why is that?" You ask curiously, but Wamuu looks away. Everyone is silent.
"Oh come on guys! Someone, speak up!"
Arya looks to you with tears on her eyes. "Kars wants to make you fight - a vampire!"

And it's out. Esidisi starts his wailing while Arya hugs his arm joining him, Wamuu looks away and Santana covers his head curling together. What a mess.
"Oh come on guys. I should be the one freaking out!"
"B-But you haven't ever fought before!"
"Oh I've kicked some balls before, don't worry Arya. And with all your guys' help, I can't lose!"

You spread your arms and Arya hugs you with Esidisi right after her. Santana crawls closer, and finally Wamuu joins, making you all fall onto a big laughing pile on the ground. After everyone seems to have calmed down, you ask for more information.

It'll be a fair fight, no weapons. The pillar men will observe, but can only help if you're about to die. Your goal is to make the vampire unable to attack. Arya recites you all the weak points of vampires.
"In worst case, kick them in the crotch or punch their face. Anything helps."
Wamuu tries to share fighting experiences. He isn't very helpful though, because he advises you to use your wind powers and in worst case, tear out your eyes. Thanks for the tip Wamuu.

Before you know it, it's already after lunch time and you're walking down the hallway surrounded by a nervous mess. Like a mother taking her kids to the dentist. You assure everyone you'll call when you need help. Wamuu and Esidisi promise they'll protect you with their life if needed.

Kars waits for you on a tribune built near the training grounds. He seems amused.
"I assume others already told you what's awaiting, so let's get right to it."
He waves at Wamuu, and the pillar man walks towards a large door with iron bars. From the darkness, a quiet 'Wryy' can be heard.