19)A Blood Moon

So, my people, I have a question.
How do you feel about headcannons?
I have a few of them written down for the pillar men, I will maybe/probably share them after chapter 20.
I just felt like it, so I wrote them down.

Anyway, this chapter will mainly be about Kars and a "big reveal" totally no one expected. Please be patient with me, this chapter is different from the normal fluff.

(TL;DR a bit lower)

By the time you reach the familiar island, you can't feel your legs. Your recently healed ankle just dangles down with the other, and you just look down on the beach as Kars prepares to land. Instead of carefully landing like before, he drops you when you're just above the ground, landing a few meters further.

You sit on the ground and massage your legs a little bit, trying to gain back feeling into them. When you look to Kars, you can only see a feathery mess.
(Howl's moving castle ;p )
He must be thinking about something. When you finally manage to stand up, you look to the sky. The moon is blood red, and the sky has a menacing shade of crimson.

Kars turns to you, and you notice his blades are out, covered by a red light. You look around to find what Kars wants to attack, but see nothing.
"Um... My Lord, What is it that you're trying to fight?"
He let's out an animalistic hiss, and you're confused.
"Are you alright...?"
"Why would you, a puny weak human need to know that? You with no strength..."
"Ehm, alright, then I'll go into the forest for a bit..."

He jumps and tackles you to the ground.
"You are just a weak mortal!"
"I understand! Please let me go, it hurts"
He's digging his nails into your arm. You try to push him back slightly.
"You think you can oppose me?!"
You are absolutely terrified but also confused. Why is he so angry? Sure you were making him jealous, but he never attacked before.

"Lord Kars please wait for a bit. If you're going to punish me, at least tell me how I deserved it." You try to keep a calm mind.
He stops in his movement, just holding your arms down.
You hear a cold distant voice in your head.
'This is my fault'
Where have you heard this before?
'We should have never kept her. She's making me weak'

The voice must be talking about you, but whose is it?
You look into Kars's face to see a fight between anger and confusion.
Then he looks at you with determination.
(THIS FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION)
"Fight me!"
"Excuse me, but how the hell should I do that?!"

He already stands up to his feet and takes an offensive pose. You try to take some kind of a defensive position. The sky is bright red.
"I don't want this..."
He doesn't answer or move at all.
'I don't want this either' admits the voice.
"And I know you don't either" You repeat after it.
"Shut up mortal, this is your fault!" He yells.
"What is? Can you ever say anything straightforward?" You answer him in an equally angry voice.

He charges at you. You act on instinct. Instead of dodging, or blocking your vital areas, you spread your arms.
He, as he didn't expect this, crashes into you. Somehow you're still standing though.

Why are you hugging him? Why aren't you running away?

The voice in your head is a complete mess now. Before it seemed cold and had a simple goal, now it's as if it can't understand itself.
It's Kars. He is the voice in your head.
He needs to calm down.

A warm feeling envelops your body, and when you open your eyes, you see a slight purple light around you and Kars.

He falls to his knees, and you catch him so he doesn't fall over.

Something from deep within is telling you what to do and say.
"Kars, please listen to my voice. I want you to know that I will not leave you. I'm here with you. Close your eyes."