21)Nightmares and Training

I'm still alive, you might've seen me in some comment sections here and there. School is taking it's toll. But I did not forget about this story.

I thought about perhaps making a request book, would there be any interest? I could also write about other jojo characters (or at least try), but mostly my versions of pillar men.

Anyway, here comes today's chapter!

As Kars escorts you home, you feel yourself getting more and more tired. Kars notices and turns to you.
"Want me to carry you?"
You are so tired you just nod. He scoops you up, and you lean onto his shoulder. The next thing you know, you're laying in your bed. Kars covers you with a blanket, but your tired self takes his hand and pulls him next to you. You scoot towards the wall, so there is enough space for Kars to lay beside you.

You don't know why you did it, but Kars looks at you with surprise, before smirking and laying down.
"Oh, how far have you gotten from that timid scared Human, that was asking me to allow them to leave my reach. And now you're asking me to stay?"
"Shh... I wanna sleep." You take Kars's hand and close your eyes.
"Good night (Y/N)."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You hear whimpering. Where is it coming from? You dream of a field full of blooming poppies, but there is a sound of quiet sobs coming from somewhere. You look around to no avail. Are they in your dream, or...?

You wake up to see Kars curled on the bed, his hair covering his face. Sure enough, the sound must be coming from him. You would never even imagine him crying. You try to speak to him.
"Kars? Lord Kars? Are you alright?"
He curls a bit tighter.
"There is nothing. It's so empty."
"What is? Where?"
"Where is Esidisi, Wamuu and Santana? Where is (Y/N)?"

It's then, that you realise he's sleep talking. You move the hair from his face and touch his cheek. It's wet with tears. He slowly opens his eyes.
"You weren't supposed to see me like this." His says coldly.
"Does anyone else know? About your nightmares?"
"If they did, they'd be dead by now."
"Wanna talk about it? It might help... I promise I will never share it with anyone."

Kars thinks about it. He can't be seen as weak. But if there is a way to stop this, it'll be worth it.
"If you try to tell anyone about this, I will not hesitate to murder both you and them." He says the threat very seriously, and you nod in understanding.

"So, what's bothering you?"
"Ever since I became the ultimate being, I've had nightmares. Usually I see myself fighting some annoying human that killed everyone I know. Somehow I get launched into space and from then, it's just emptiness. I float around... And I can't move... And..."
Kars turns away from you.

"That sounds horrifying, but oddly specific. Could it be somehow connected to your life?"
"Well, the human I fight in my nightmares is real, but I beat him years ago."
You think about different possibilities that could be causing this.
"I've heard about the theory of alternate universes somewhere. It could be a version of you that lost to that human."

Kars thinks about it, and nods. He's also read books about that, and he wouldn't be surprised if there actually were multiple universes, with how much the world relies on tiny changes.
"Thank you for sharing, it might help."
Kars turns back to you.
"Your ability... When you put me to sleep yesterday on the island, it was one of the first times I had no nightmares. Can you try it again?"

You hesitate. It seemed weird of the strong independent pillar man to ask for help, especially from you. But it might work. You try to focus, and a tiny pit of purple light shines in your palm. Kars pulls your hand closer and puts it over his heart. You can feel it beating. It didn't take long before the man closed his eyes and started breathing slower.

You smile. When he's sleeping, he's as harmless and cute as a cat. Or like Santana.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, you wake up and Kars is gone. He left a note and a feather behind. The note says:
'Thank you. Remember your promise.'
You add the feather to your growing collection of gifts. Wamuu arrives with breakfast (pancakes with maple syrup) and a smile on his face.

"Good morning Kitten! Have you slept well? How did you enjoy yesterday?"
"Morning, Unicorn Jerk. I woke up once or twice, but I'm surprisingly not tired. And yesterday was amazing. Thank you for the food once more"
You show Wamuu Santana's sculpture, and he admires it. Then he nods and smiles while you tell him about Esidisi's care, and the dance with Kars.

"It seems my masters also enjoyed themselves. Everyone's been smiling when I saw them this morning, even My Lord."
You're surprised how people spending time with you improved the overall morale. Maybe Nagare has something to do with it?
As if Wamuu read your mind, he mentioned: "We've agreed you need to train your ability more so it can be useful to us. Your training will start today after lunch. I'll take you there."

You get a bit worried. Training? How? Would they try to fight you? If that was the case, you wouldn't have a chance. Wamuu notices your concern. He grabs your hand.
"Don't worry Human, we'll be there to ensure your safety. And you'll start with small animals."
This calms you down a bit.

You, still eating your breakfast, observe Wamuu as he grows a bit bored and pulls out some books of yours. He seems particularly interested in one of your favourites, so you start explaining the plot to him. He points to some other books with curiosity. You even read one of the smaller books to him.

By the time you're almost at the end, you start getting hungry again. Just as you're about to tell Wamuu, he turns to you and says:
"If you're hungry, don't worry, I already arranged your meal and it'll be here soon."
You're a bit confused, but when Arya comes with a plate and a note in her hand, you realise what must've happened.

"Hey there (Y/N)! Hello Master Wamuu, this is what you asked for."
Wamuu overlooks the fact that she spoke to you before him, and he hands you the plate from Arya. It's a large burrito with all your preffered fillings. You thank both Arya and Wamuu, and they talk while you eat.

The two of them seem to get along well, as they both show each other respect. They talk about food a lot. It seems Arya is also a bit of a food enthusiast. When you finish eating, Wamuu asks you to change into your outdoorsy clothes. The three of you leave the cell, with you being nervous and the other two profusely trying to calm you down.

They lead you to the stables, and you're a bit confused, until you remember there is a training field inside the race track. There, you can already see Esidisi, Kars and Santana waiting. They really were all smiling like Wamuu said, even though Kars's smile was back to more of a smirk.

Kars speaks first.
"Welcome Human, I'm glad you could make it. As you know, your ability is something we'd like to make use of further, but with you being so weak, it's useless to us. I want to make you strong enough to possibly be a worthy opponent, if nothing else."
You doubt that would ever be possible. Then he points to a small wooden cage, and in it is a small white rabbit. It's very wide-eyed and almost frozen with fear.

You come closer to the cage and look at the poor animal. It reminds you of how you must've looked when you were first caught. Unsure, scared, alone. You try to follow your heart on what to do, as it seemed to help previously, but the only thing that's coming to your mind is just to sit and talk to him.

The Pillar Men seem disappointed. From what they've heard from Kars, your ability was quite strong, and there'd be lights and stuff, but instead, you sit on the ground talking to a rabbit.
"Maybe it's too much for her?" Asks Santana Kars quietly.
"Be patient, I'm sure she has a plan."

After a while you open the cage. The rabbit doesn't move one bit. You reach inside and it bites your hand. Esidisi is just about ready to charge in and help, but Kars stops him. The rabbit holds on firmly, but after a bit, it lets go of your hand and starts licking it instead. Then you slowly pick it up, and with it in your hands, you come over to the masters and smile.

"How is that?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oi, sorry about not posting for a bit. My inspiration's been draining. But I'll definitely finish this book.
12K reads? That's not what I'd even dream of.
The least I can do for you guys is finish this. I'm so glad I have you
-signing off, Lisa