29

Liam's POV

"I'm Liam Payne, this is Niall Horan, he's the guy Mr. Skys flew with. We're his best friends." I say, trying to convince the guard to let us in.

"As far as I know, Harry Styles is monsieur's best friend, sir." The guard answers with a straight face and my mouth falls open.

"We're one of his best friends." Niall argues.

"Your names are not on the list."

What the fuck? How dare Louis not put us on his list.

As per Louis being sick, and me being the best big brother that I am; I volunteered to go to his office to fetch his paper work,  while Niall just wanted to tag along.

Actually, I just wanted to go out and get some ice cream without the boys knowing.

Louis— well, Mr. Skys is known for being rather sweet, but strict and straightforward. For instance, if he thinks that your work is shit or if you're shit, he'll tell you right away. But he'll most likely feel bad for being too straightforward, so he'll nicely explain why. That's why I always go to him whenever I need someone's opinion.

He turns into a complete different person once he's at work, with his straight face and creepy monotone voice. He tells us that he's just being professional.

Besides that, his coworkers love him, celebrities love him, the industry does. It's not just about his works, there's something about his personality that attracts people. Despite the facade that he puts, nothing will outstand his 'real' self.

There are a bunch of security on the way to his office, unless you own this fancy black card that indicates as a 'pass'. Meaning, you won't have to go through security. The only person who is allowed to give those cards is Louis.

As crazy as it sounds, he had been given some serious threats before because others can't take rejection, and plus more other reasons. Though Louis just likes to sit and watch because—well, he doesn't feel threatened at all. He's the unknown son and son in law of some of the most powerful and richest persons, and most importantly, he's him, a guy with many connections.

Our family being very protective, we required Louis to get  security at work. All of us wanted that for him, no one opposed except for Louis. He didn't liked the idea at first. He kept insisting  us that he'll be fine. Yes, we thought the same but we wanted more reassurance. After getting used to everything, Louis loved the fact that no one would randomly barge in his office. No one really dares to barge in except for me, the boys, or his sisters. 

And now, here I am with Niall, arguing with a guard.

"We're his brothers."

"Mr. William has sisters." The guard looks at us skeptically. I hold one hand up with my index finger raised, indicating for him to 'wait'. I pull my phone out from my pocket before dialing Louis' work number. I put it on speaker, letting it ring until someone answers.

The ringing stops, "William Skys." He speaks sternly with that voice.

Fucking creepy.

The guard's eyes widens before stepping aside, motioning for us to get in without a word. 

"Louis, you doofus. Why are we not on the list?" I ask, still on the phone with him as we enter the hallway towards his office. I swear, he's treated like a royal.

"Oh, you're Liam. Hi Lima." Louis greets after realizing who he's talking to.

"And I'm not in your contacts? Am I nothing to you, Lewis?" I question.