31

"You're eating like how your brain works. Slow as fuck."

Niall glares at his older brother while grabbing a spoonful of yogurt. "Let me eat in peace, Lewis."

"Aren't you grounded? Stop being mean." Liam speaks, snatching the spoon from Niall.

"Fine. I'll be nice for my New Year's Resolution." Louis grumbles, stealing a biscuit from Amara's plate which she abandoned.

"That's like eight months away."

"So?" Louis scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Aren't you and Harry invited to the event anyway?" He asks despite knowing the answer.

"Yea...but we don't wanna go." Liam replies. Harry walks in the living room, his hands filled with snacks while Amara follows behind him, crawling her way.

Thalia eventually got her nails professionally done after Valentina. Before going out, the family took a bunch of photos in their fancy suits and dresses, even including the others who are in their pajamas. Harry and Liam both refused to go when Adam asked if they are sure about not coming despite their invitations. Niall also decided to stay inside the comfort of the mansion regardless of being allowed to join the event. After all, he's also the son of two famous entrepreneurs.

"Are you mad at me?" Louis asks Harry, seeing as he's being more quiet than usual. He only receives a glare, making him pout. "I'm sorry." The blue eyed boy whines, going over to where Harry sat after settling the snacks on the center table. Louis straddles him, lifting Harry's hands which are holding his phone. He goes under Harry's arms to cuddle close to his chest.

"It's just- You're an idiot, Louis."

"I'm sorry."

The green eyed boy sighs as he leans his head back to the couch. "Why would you even walk alone in that stupid alley? You know how dangerous that was? What if it was some sick guy you ran into? I'm mad that I wasn't there with you, anything could have happened. That idea shouldn't have come up into your brain, actually. Everything could have gone wrong." Harry rambles, his voice filled with distress.

"I know, Haz, I'm sorry. Looking back now, what I did was really stupid." Louis murmurs, burying his cheek on the cloth of his husband's shirt. Harry hugs him back tightly, lifting his head to kiss Louis' hair. He then rests his head close to his. "Please don't do that ever again." Harry quietly says.

Louis tilts his head up to look at him. "I won't. Not without you guys at least."
He receives a pointed look. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I won't do it again, sorry." Louis quickly says, smiling when Harry kisses his lips.

"I married a fucking idiot." The curly haired lad mumbles and his husband flashes him a wide grin.

"Am I still grounded?"

"As your oldest brother, I say yes." Liam speaks before getting up to fetch himself some yogurt of his own. "As your youngest brother, I say yes." Niall sheepishly says.

"And as your husband, I say yes." Harry declares, making Louis sigh and bury his face back to the man's chest.

"I'm so single." The blonde boy blurts out while observing the two .

"Jaxon hasn't texted you?"

Niall looks at him knowingly. "Oh my gosh, he has!" Louis exclaims, quickly crawling out of Harry's hold. "What did he say? What did you replied?"

"He asked if I wanted to hangout." Niall smiles, blush coating his cheeks.

"Niall James, you're too young for that." Liam scolds as he comes back to the living room, sitting beside the boy.