don't do it - tw

age: 16
warnings: attempted suicide, self harm

Y/N:
"Hey mom, can we hang out tonight? We haven't hung out in ages." I asked hopefully, she's been so busy and I really miss her. "Not tonight Y/N, I'm busy sorry."

Tony has been away on a mission for a couple of months and Pepper is busy with SI, so mom opted to take care of Morgan, and most of the time, Peter as well. I wouldn't usually mind but this time around, my mom seems to be too busy spending time with Morgan and Peter that she seems to have forgotten about making time for me too.

My mind has been driving me insane and I've struggled with self harm in the past. Mom always told me to come to her whenever I started thinking about doing it again, but every time I try to approach her, she shuts me down.
I relapsed last week, only once but I feel like everyday is getting harder and harder and I just want to take away the pain.

I go up to my my bedroom and closed my door behind me. I feel like I can't breathe anymore. I just need my mom to tell me that it's okay, but even she has had enough of my problems.

With my back leaning against my door, my chest is getting tighter and tighter, with the hot tears streaming down my face, I collapsed to the floor. I tried to stay silent while I sobbed into my hands because I didn't want anyone to hear me.

I got myself off the floor and walked into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I stared at myself in the mirror above the sink. I hated everything about myself. I punched the glass mirror and it shattered all over the floor. Glass got stuck between my fingers and knuckles.

I take out the glass on my hands and wash my them. The water stung as it ran over my hands but I felt a slight sense of relief. I turn off the water and bent down to pick up a big piece of shattered glass. I look at the glass and then at my wrists. The was a voice in my head that told me not to do it, and I tried with everything I had to listen to that voice. But I wasn't strong enough.

I pushed the glass against my skin and cut until there was no room left on my arms. I felt numb. I just wanted to stop the pain.
I reached up to my medicine cabinet and grab a bottle of pills.

Wanda:
I was walking up to my room to shower after training with Nat. As I walked past Y/N's door I heard glass shatter. I paused to see if I could hear anything else, but I couldn't, so I just presumed she dropped a glass or something. I continued to walk to my room.

Five minutes later, I got out of the shower. I had a sick feeling in my stomach that something was wrong. So I pulled my hoodie over my shoulders and walked over to Y/N's room. I knocked on the door and called for her but there was no answer. I knocked again. Silence. Luckily, her bedroom door was unlocked. I walked in and looked around to see she wasn't in there. I went to walk out because I presumed she had gone downstairs, but then I heard a cabinet door close, and it sounded like it came from her bathroom.

I walked over to her bathroom door and gently knocked. "Y/N are you in there? Are you okay?" No response. "Y/N I know you're there, I can feel you." She still didn't answer. I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Open the door Y/N!" I started to get really worried at this point. I kicked the door down to find Y/N sitting in the bathtub covered in blood with a bottle of pills in her hand. I also noticed the glass shattered all over the floor. That must have been what I heard earlier.

It didn't take me more than a second to figure out what she was doing. She looked over at my with an emotionless face but tears still streaming down. She turned back to stare at the wall ahead of her and I saw her open the bottle of pills and lift them to her mouth. I tried to stay calm on the outside because I didn't want to freak her out even more, but in the inside I was falling apart. To see my niece in this state absolutely broke my heart. "Y/N, please don't do that." I said as calmly as I could. She hesitated but her hand slowly lowered back down. She turned to look at me again. "Do you want me call Nat up here?" She shook her head 'no'. I noticed that her arms were still bleeding and she started to get more pale. Y/N, I think was in a state of shock. She could barely move and wouldn't talk. "Okay Y/N, I'm gonna come closer and help you out of the tub. Is that okay?" she didn't say anything for but slowly nodded her head. I carefully approached her taking the pills out of her hands. I slipped my arms under hers to pick her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I walked, carefully trying to avoid the glass on the floor, over to her bed and I sat her down. I didn't noticed that her bedroom door was still open. "I'm just gonna go get some stuff out of your bathroom so I can help clean you up, okay?" again she wasn't speaking, but nodded her head.

I walked over to the bathroom to grab a few things and as I walked out, I saw Natasha walk in to her room. Immediately, panic appeared in her eyes and she started to ask Y/N what happened, but Y/N just sat there with no emotion on her face. "Wanda, what happened?" She asked as Y/N wasn't responding. I shook my head and gave Nat a look as if to say 'ask me later'. I then walked over to Y/N and sat the stuff beside her on the bed. Nat just stood there not knowing what to do. I saw Natasha's breathing getting heavier and quickly realised she was starting to panic. I said to her in a soothing voice. "Okay Y/N, I'm going to start cleaning your arms now, are you okay with that?" She nodded and winced at the touch on her arms. I knew I couldn't talk to Nat about Y/N right in front of her but I could see she was on the verge of a breakdown so I entered her mind.

Nat I know it's hard to see her in this state but she needs you to be strong, okay?
Wanda I just want to know what happened.
I found her in the bathtub, she tried to kill herself Nat.

•••

Once I finished cleaning up Y/N's arms and the bleeding had stopped I stood up and threw what I needed to in the bin. Natasha has made her way over to sit on the end of Y/N's bed. She still hadn't said anything but I could tell she was slowly starting to come back to her normal self.

Natasha:
After Wanda had finished cleaning up my daughters arms I could tell she was coming back to her normal self. As much as I wanted to help Wanda I knew that Y/N was in a state of shock and anymore voices or physical touch and her body could completely shut down so I just sat at the end of the bed until she started to come out of her state.

Y/N started to get some colour back and she stopped sweating preffusely. We all just sat there until she was ready to talk or move. She mumbled something under her breath, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. "What was that sweetheart?" I soothed. "Im thirsty." She mumbled but this time I could hear it. "Okay, I'll go get you some water, I'll be back." I got up to leave. "Please stay." She whispered. "Okay, I'll stay. Wanda can get you some water."

I walked back over to her bed and sat next to her, this time a bit closer. She turned her head to me and I could see the pain she was in, in her eyes. She just burst into tears and rested her head on my chest. I held her close to me. "I needed you momma and you weren't there." She whimpered through her cries. It hit me in that moment how much I'd been ignoring her and pushing her away. Y/N meant absolutely everything to me and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt her. She is the daughter I never thought id get to have. "I'm so so so sorry baby for not being there for you and for spending all my time with Morgan, but I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll always be there for you from now on." I cried as she lifted her head of my chest. I gave her a kiss on her head as Wanda walked back in with a bottle of water. She handed it to Y/N and she drank it. Wanda gave her a kiss on her head before leaving. "Thank you" I whispered to her as she was leaving. "Of course" she smiled.

"Y/N, love, how about we get you out of these clothes and into some pyjamas. We can have a movie night? I'll get your favourite m&ms?" She smiled at me and nodded. "Okay then, do you want a shower first?" Her smiled dropped off her face. "I can't there's glass and blood all over my bathroom, and it's gonna hurt my arms." She mumbled out while looking down at the floor. "Oh that's okay sweetheart, you can use my bathroom if you want, and I can run you a bath instead so you don't have to get you arms wet?" Y/N nodded. "Do you want to walk, or do you want me to carry you?"
"Carry please."
I picked her up and took her to my bathroom. As the bath was filling up I handed her some painkillers.

Whilst Y/N was in the bath I went downstairs to grab some snacks for the movie and bought them back up to my room. "Mama?"
"Yes?"
"I forgot to bring clothes in. Can you grab some for me?"
"Of course. Give me one minute and I'll be back."

Third person:
After y/n was dressed the snuggled up together on Nat's bed and watched Pitch Perfect. "I love you momma." said Y/N, before closing her eyes to try and get some sleep. "I love you too дорогой"

•••

A/N: I hope this was okay ahah! I'm very sick at the moment so I've literally had no motivation to write!