struggling - minor tw?

age: 17.
warnings: undiagnosed adhd, slight depression.
a/n: Natasha is not readers mom.

Y/N:
Everyone around me seems to be able to get what they need to, without any struggle. Things as simple as showering or eating, and then things like mission reports and training. Me however, I find it so difficult to do everyday tasks. And it's not that I feel depressed. That's not what is stopping me from getting things done, but feeling like I'm not able to do them makes me feel depressed and like a failure, which then sends me into a spiral. It feels like I have been living in this loop my whole life and I can't help but think there's something wrong with me. Why can't I be like everyone else?

I constantly feel like a liability to the team. I'm always late to school and meetings. I always get told off for zoning out in class. I forget to do simple things and am constantly getting reminded to eat, train or do my homework. I feel like a toddler when I'm being reminded of these things, but I'm seventeen years old, I should be able to things like this without someone telling me to.

I can tell the team gets frustrated with me sometimes, but only when it involves them or an important mission, and it makes me feel so guilty. I don't mean to be like this and I try so incredibly hard to fix it, but I can't help it.

•••

Today was a long day at school so when I got home I made myself a coffee before getting started on my homework. I sat on a kitchen stool in front of my laptop watching Netflix whilst I drank it.

It's not until Wanda walks into the kitchen to start cooking dinner, that I realise I've been sitting here for the last three and a half hours.
When I turn my head away from my screen to look out the window, it's already pitch black outside which means it's way past seven o'clock.

Most of the team were sat having a conversation on the couches across from the kitchen when I turned my head around. I didn't even realise they were in here which makes me feel bad because I've just been ignoring them this whole time.

Everyone is caught up in whatever they're talking about but Natasha sends me a small smile before I turn my head back to start on my homework.

I pull out my work from my school bag which is on the stool next to me, and start on the maths sheet first. Math is something I really struggle in so I wanted to get that done before anything else.

Three questions in, I get distracted by an email that shows up on my laptop. It's from my school and my heart immediately starts racing. I know the reports  from last semester are meant to be coming through this week, so I presume that's what it is.

I scroll through to whatever my teachers have said about me and go straight to the bottoms of the email where my grades are.

Nearly every class is a fail. A miserable fail. I mean getting a 3.5/50 in Math is embarrassing.

"I'm never going to fucking graduate." I say to myself, forgetting that nearly everyone else is in the room. I slam my laptop shut, shove my papers into my bag and make my way out of the room. Trying to not let anyone see the tears in my eyes.

My bedroom door slams shut and I throw my bag onto the floor. I jump onto the bedroom, burying my head into the pillow so nobody can hear how loud I'm crying. "What is wrong with me?" I question myself before letting out a muffled scream.

Natasha:
When Y/N slammed her laptop shut, everyone's heads turned to her. It was clear that she was upset by the tears in her eyes as she walked out of the room, and downstairs.

"I'll go check on her." I say to the team, getting off the couch and making my way to her room.

I could hear her sobbing from the other side of the door. Y/N hardly ever cries, so hearing her cry this much breaks my heart.

"Honey, it's Nat. Can I come in?" I ask softly, knocking on the door. I hear sniffles and bed sheets moving around. "Uh, I just kinda want to be alone right now, sorry." Her voice sounds shaky. "That's okay. Please come get me, or message me if you want to talk." I say. "I will." She answers.

I sigh, before going back to the team.

"Is she okay?" Tony asks. "I don't know," I shrug.

__________
A/N: okay yes this has a crappy ending but part two will be out soon, it was just too long to put in one part :)

sending lots of love !!