crush

age: 3
warnings: y/n's first heartbreak 😭

Natasha:
"Mama?" Y/N asks, waddling into the kitchen. "Yes detka?" I smile, lifting her up on hip. "I wan' see Peter." She pouts. "He's at school at the moment, but you can see him later." I tell her. "No," She frowns. "I wan' see him now!"
"Well you can't see him right now, honey." I say, brushing the hair off of her face. "Why?" Her bottom lip pouts and tears form in her eyes. "I just told you why." I chuckle.

"Why do you want to see Peter see bad?" I ask, placing her down in her high chair. "'Cause he my boyfwend." She says. "Oh is he now?" I laugh. "Mhm." Y/N nods. "Does Peter know that he's your boyfriend?" I question, raising my eyebrows. "I don't know." She shrugs, holding her hands above her head which causes me to laugh. "I think he's a little old for you, don't you think detka?"
"No." She shakes her head. "Okay then, whatever you say." I chuckle, placing her lunch down on her tray. "Fanks mama." She smiles, picking up her fork. "You're welcome baby." I place her kiss on her forehead.

"Can we play wif my dollys after lunch?" Y/N asks whilst she's chewing her food. "Don't talk with food in your mouth, but yes we can." I say. "Yay!" She exclaims, throwing both her hands in the air, including the one that's holding the fork full of food, causing it to drop on the floor. Y/N looked down at the floor and her eyes grew wider. "Whoopsie, sowry mommy."
"That's okay detka." I smile, grabbing a cloth and wiping it up.

•••

After both Y/N and I had eaten, I took her upstairs to her play room and we played with her dolls together, which apparently I couldn't do right. Y/N was being bossy about it and started yelling at me for being stupid, so she ended up in a timeout for five minutes.

"Y/N, you can come out now." I say, walking into her bedroom only to see that she wasn't there. I went through to her bathroom and she wasn't there either.  I literally was just down the hall in my bedroom, where on earth did she go?

I checked the rest of the floor and Y/N was nowhere to be seen. My first instinct was to panic, but I know that she probably just ran off somewhere.

I quickly made my way downstairs, to the floor where most of the team usually hang. "Guys, has anyone seen Y/N?" I ask frantically. "No, why?" Tony questions. "She was meant to be in a timeout, but when I went to let her out, she wasn't there."
Tony turns around on the couch and leant over the back of it. "You said you were playing hide and seek, missy."

Y/N suddenly comes out from behind the couch with an angry frown on face and I tried to hold back a smile at how cute she looked.

"Did I say you could leave your timeout?" I raise an eyebrow. "No." She crossed her arms. "Why is she in a timeout?" Clint chuckles. "'Cause mommy being bitch." Y/N said. "What did you just say?" I scold. "I said you being bitch." She repeats herself and a few chuckles come from the team which Y/N hears and then starts laughing. "No Y/N, that is not okay. You do not get to say that word." I warn, picking her up and bringing her out of the room.

"You're going back in timeout, I'll tell you when you can come out." I say, walking into her bedroom. "No mommy, I sowry!" Y/N starts screaming, tears falling from her eyes. I place her down on the ground and crouch down to her level. "Look at me detka." I say, cupping her cheeks. "I'm not doing it to be mean, but you've been naughty this afternoon and need to think about what you've done, okay?"
Y/N sheepishly nods her head in response, a frown still on her face. "I'll come get you in five minutes."

In the five minutes of Y/N's timeout, I waited outside her bedroom door to make sure she didn't leave. I don't think I have the energy to chase her around the compound.

"Honey, you can come out now." I say gently, opening her door. Y/N looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Come here." I coo, holding my arms open to her. She immediately runs up to me and I lift her onto my hip. "I really sowry mama." She cries into my shoulder. "I know." I soothe, brushing the hair off her face. "I won't call you a bad word again, I pwomise." She lifts her head up.
"I'll hold you to that promise when you're older." I chuckle, wiping the tears from under her eyes.

"I think Peter just got home if you want to go see him?" I ask. "Yay!" She exclaims, trying to wiggle out of my grip.

When we get downstairs Y/N immediately runs up to Peter whose standing in the living room next to MJ. "Peter!" She yells, hugging his leg. "Hi Y/N." He smiles, lifting her onto his hip.

"How was your day?" He questions. Y/N shrugged, "I had a timeout."
"Oh no, what did you do?" He squint his eyes. "I called mommy a bad word." She says whispers - not so quietly - into his ear. Peter gasps and shakes his head, "Y/N..."
"I said I sowry." She shrugged. "Good." He laughs.

"Who tat?" Y/N asks, pointing to MJ. "This is my girlfriend, MJ." Peter tells her.
Y/N's face drops and she freezes for a moment before bursting out into a fit of tears, hitting Peter in the meantime.

"Ah no hitting, Y/N." I say, taking her from Peter's arms. He seemed unsure as to what was happening and slightly concerned that he'd done something wrong. "You're okay Pete, she's been like this all afternoon." I assure him.

"D-did I do something wrong?" He worries. "No, you didn't." I laugh, bouncing Y/N in my arms and patting her back as she cries into my shoulder. "She told me earlier that you're her boyfriend, I think that's why she's upset." I chuckle, shaking my head. "Ohhh." He drags out.

Peter walks closer to Y/N and she lifts her head from my shoulder to look at him. "I think I'm a little bit too old to be your boyfriend Y/N, but you're still my best friend." He assures her. "But I wuv you." She pouts, wiping her eyes with her hands. "Best friends can love each other." He smiles, whilst I wipe the tears of her cheeks.

Y/N nods sheepishly and reaches her arms out to Peter to grab her. Once he takes her from my arms, she buries her head into his shoulder. "Thanks kid." I smile.

________
A/N: hey! Thank you for 140k!!