russian teacher: part two-minor tw

Natasha:
Y/N and I got home and I showed her around the place before she sat at the table to do her homework as I finished up some work I didn't get to finish at the school.

I noticed Y/N playing with her fingers as she looked over at me. "Are you okay Y/N?" I asked. "Uh, I-I'm just stuck on this question and I was wondering if you could help." She asked shyly. My heart warmed. "Of course I can help." I smiled getting up and taking a seat next to her.

After helping Y/N with her homework I decided it was time to eat. "Is there anything in particular you'd like for dinner?" I ask. "I'll eat anything." Y/N shrugged. "Okay, how does spaghetti bolognese sound?" I smile. "It sounds great."

We made our way to the kitchen. Y/N sat on the kitchen stool and I was behind the counter starting on dinner. "Can I help at all?" She asked. "I mean only if you want too, don't feel obliged." I assured her. "I want too." She smiled.

Y/N worked on chopping up the veggies as I cooked the meat and pasta.

We sat down at the table together as we ate. I asked her about what she enjoyed doing outside of school and she explained that she wasn't really allowed to do anything that required being out of the house but she said that she enjoyed reading and painting. I explained more about myself too in the hopes that she would feel more comfortable around me.

"You full?" I asked as she finished her plate. "Yes, thank you." She replied. "Well thank you for your help." I smiled.

"Y/N?" I ask. "Mhm." "Would it be okay if I had a look at your bruises?" I start. That same look of fear filled her eyes that she had earlier. "I know you don't want too, but I want to make sure you're not seriously injured and also, if we need to get the police involved, which we probably will, they will need evidence." I continue, taking a deep breath. Y/N nodded slightly before saying, "Okay."

Y/N took off her hoodie leaving her in her sports bra. Her ribs, back and neck were littered with bruises. I teared up at the sight before composing myself. How could anyone do this?

After taking some photos of the bruises for evidence I pulled out a cream that I kept in my bathroom. "This will help with some of the pain and hopefully heal them quicker." I comfort her. "Okay." She mumbled. "Do you want to put it on yourself or would you like me to do it?" I ask softly. "Could you please do it?" She asked as tears started to form in her eyes. "Of course I can. Just tell me if I'm hurting you." I say.

I finished applying the cream and went into my closet to get out a pair of pyjamas that would hopefully not be too big on Y/N. "Here, put these on." I say, handing the clothes to her. "Thank you." She smiles.

After both Y/N and I are in our pyjamas we decide to sit down and watch a movie. I let her pick. "I come baring popcorn." I announce walking into the living room and she chuckles slightly which made me smile. "What movie did you pick?" I question. "Pitch Perfect 3." She said.

Throughout the movie Y/N kept giggling at Fat Amy's jokes and it was the cutest thing. I've never seen Y/N so relaxed and it made me happy that she felt comfortable around me.

I could tell she was sleepy by the end of the movie. "Come on, let's get you to bed." I say.

We reach the guest room and she climbs into bed, pulling the covers over herself. "Come and get me in the night if you need to. Don't worry about waking me up." I tell her. "Okay. Thank you Miss Romanoff." She says. "Please, call me Natasha." I laugh. "Okay."

"Goodnight Y/N." I cooed. Placing a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight."

————————

I was woken up in the middle of the night by Y/N shaking me gently and whispering my name. "Are you okay?" I groan. "I had a nightmare and I can't get back to sleep." She admits. I turn on the salt lamp next to me for some gentle light and as my eyes adjust I see that Y/N had been crying. "Oh sweetheart." I say as I stand up pulling her into a hug. "You can sleep with me if you'd like?" I ask gently. "Yes please." She replies in a groggy voice.

We get into bed and I pull the covers over this both of us. Surprisingly, Y/N cuddles up next to me, resting her head on my chest. I smile widely at her. I usually hate physical contact, but I felt a really strong motherly instinct towards Y/N so I didn't mind.

I knew in that moment that I wanted to adopt her.

———————

A/N: hey! here's a part 2 :)

again, I haven't proofread this but I will probably edit it in the morning, I just need to go to sleep cause it's like 1am. sorry for any mistakes.

sending you all lots of love! <3