Part 22

It was a week until our midterms, and teachers were scrambling to prepare us for our tests. Tristan finally arrived back in school, fresh as a daisy, and I had to bring him up to speed, considering our classes were in different times. Shaun soon joined us, and just as I expected, Tristan's mouth dropped.

"Tristan. Shaun. Shaun. Tristan. He just transferred here last Tuesday." I tell Tristan. I could tell he was shocked, and nervous. I knew he would feel this way, considering how hot Shaun is. 

"He has the same classes as us, even though we're in different periods." Shaun hands Tristan his schedule, and lucky Tristan, Shaun also has Biology and Algebra with him. Other than that, Shaun and I have History, Automotive Technology, and English together.

Shaun was already a little bit drawn to Tristan, which I also expected, as they shared notes and Tristan shared his old tests. Shaun took out his tablet from its case, Tristan took out his tablet and keyboard combo, and soon, all three of us shared notes from there. The three of us were in our study group despite the noisy atmosphere in the commons area.

"You're a little fancy there." Shaun points to Tristan's study setup, who was using a pen to write something on the screen, while I did my homework the old-fashioned way; paper and pencil.

"My dad got me this last Christmas. I can take this keyboard out and do this." With that, Tristan removed the keyboard, and pulled the screen's leg so that the tablet stood. Talk about fancy; he even has a portable scanner to scan his homework, and notes into his computer, and that's how Shaun can see all his notes on the screen.

"Neat. How did you get this answer here?" Shaun points to Tristan's algebra homework on the computer.

"I used the "FOIL" method. I learned that back in middle school." Tristan leaned next to Shaun, but at the same time, he kept his eye on me.

"Wow. I never learned that at my old school."

"You'll learn a lot here." Tristan says. "We still do the FOIL method here. We're now learning about long divisions. Elliot here is smart with fractions and decimals."

"I'm definitely going to need your help as well," Shaun says, now he was leaning next to me, while I tried to nix Tristan about that. I was already trying to learn calculus as I am. Out of the corner of my eye again I saw that kid staring at me. Tristan saw, and quickly turned to see who I was trying to avert my gaze.

"That's Jesse. Track star, brainiac, jock, but he's too full of himself. But he has a thing for you, though." Tristan says, looking back at me, while Shaun was trying to concentrate on his homework.

After what happened last week, I didn't think so...

"What tool do you use to take off a tire?" Shaun read his question. "A) Tire wrench, B) Impact wrench, C) Your teeth, or D) Both A and B."

"That one is kind of a trick question. But we all know we don't use our teeth to take off those bolts. Remember that Simpsons episode where Homer tries to take off those bolts with his teeth?" Tristan asked, trying to hold back his laughter.

"You mean that last time the teacher showed us the video of Homer trying to take off the boot off his car? Yeah. What not to do in such a situation when that time arrives." I say.

"Did you study up on the suspension system of a 90s Chevy truck?" Tristan asked.

"Who? Me, or Shaun?"

"Either one of you."

"I did."

"Ooh. Let's see. Did he want us to label, or draw a complete diagram and label?"