Part 35

Well, school did start back up, and I didn't include the weekend, since all I did was watch TV and eat those sour-cream flavored potato chips while slouching on the couch. I think I ruined my back on that one after sitting for nearly 8 hours straight watching DVD's and streaming my mom's Netflix account on the TV.

And naturally, because of my "new" look, Ash, Rae, Dylan's mouths all dropped, which I predicted would happen.

Shaun couldn't take his eyes off of me the entire time from walking into the school, up to the time I met them at the table. I simply ran my hands through my hair as I threw my head back, like how those female models do in TV commercials. We were all settled in finally, as I put my bag on the table, like the rest of my friends, even though their stuffs on the table.

"It's so good to be back in school." Ash says, taking out his binder, and lays it on the table in front of him, before putting his bag down on the floor.

"Why? Where'd you go?" Rae asked.

"Albuquerque. I have relatives there. We didn't come back until close to 2 this morning."

"Wow! 2. In the morning?! No wonder you look a bit tired."

"I got some sleep in the back seat, though it felt like a fast trip coming back home. I'm good. How was your break?" Ash asked Rae.

"Dylan and I had a lot of car projects we've been working on, mostly in town. We just came back home Saturday, and then I just kicked back yesterday, watching TV. The part I ordered for my mom's car still hasn't come in yet."

"Did you take your truck to the city?"

"That manual Dodge truck? Yeah. It's my first time driving in the city with that. I was the only 'young person' driving that, while everyone else drove their automatic cars."

"Where's Tristan and Ryo? Bell's almost about to ring?" Shaun asked, looking around the large commons area, but it was full of kids. Come to think of it, where is Sequoia, of all people? My mouth felt dry just mentioning her name in my head, before I managed to swallow.

"You look hot." Ash says again, like he did before, dragging out the word 'hot'. I ran my hand through my thick hair sheepishly again. Soon I saw Sequoia, slowly putting her books down on the table, and sat down. She put her bag on her lap as she began going through her belongings, carefully putting them on the table in front of her. She set her bag down on the floor next to her legs, pushed her hair back, and got to work. As she worked on her homework her shoulder strap easily slipped down her skinny bicep, and like before she made no attempt to fix it, as the strap rested helplessly next to her bicep. Soon I heard Rae getting up from his seat, and walked over to her table. He began putting on his charms on her as he talked, while he leaned on his hand. She laughed, and just sat upright, looking intently at Rae. From where I was sitting they were chatting like they were old friends, their hand movements were mesmerizing to watch, as they talked. Just then, a teacher appeared out of nowhere, walked to the table where Sequoia and Rae were sitting. Sequoia looked up at the female teacher that Rae alerted her to, and soon, she packed her stuff, got up from her seat, and followed her teacher to a classroom. 

Maybe she might get a lecture about her shirt... Oh no! I thought. I wouldn't be able to see her in that sexy shirt.... I shook my head. Rae came back to our table once more.

"What was that? She in trouble?" Ash asked, looking up at Rae. "I'm surprised no one has ever called her out on that shirt she's always wearing to school. Not even the principal."

"No, she was just asked for an assignment that she was missing before the midterms." Rae says, stealing a glance at me, as he takes his seat rightfully next to me, then playfully tousling my hair some more. Tristan finally arrived, but looking like he had almost slept late, judging how his hair looked, and his shirt was disheveled, showing off a bit of his flat, toned stomach.