Part 31

"Come again?" 

"I said I live up there. And I go to school there." He just looked at me, eyes wide. Then he just burst out laughing, like I was lying to him. I couldn't believe it...

"No, you don't. You're too hot! Tell me you live here. And that you go to school nearby." he looked at me, and continued to laugh.

"I'm serious. I go to school up there." I pointed to the mountains that were buried behind the hills. He cocked his head sideways. He looked me up and down. Then he shook his head.

"Nope. With the way you look, dress, and act, I know you live here. I'll find out. You're just too hot!"

"Kira's old classmate goes there too."

"Kira likes to talk, but doesn't back it up."

"You said it yourself. You might go there-"

"I'm going, if there are hot guys going there. Mac even lies, just as bad as Kira." Yikes! Okay then. "Jesse and Nic left before the school year started. Soon, other boys left, so I transferred here, thinking they came to this school, since it's so up-scale. But I was wrong, so I am stuck for the rest of the year. If there are kids from here, how do they get up the mountain to the school?"

"That's easy. The bus comes somewhere in town, and takes those kids up there. It's a pretty big school."

"Jesse was the quarterback here. He's carried the school through many wins, until he left last year because fights broke out too." Jesse? The image of the kid bumping past me came back again...

"He's so hot. His long, curly locks, muscular football body, and he's popular." 

Yep, that Jesse alright.

"Since you're visiting my house, how about I cut you a deal. You prove to me you actually live up there. And I know how to navigate that mountain, too." What?! You wanted to see me badly back at that car lot.

"Uh, okay. Sounds fine with me." We got back into Elias' truck, and left the bowling place. Great. I hope I don't see Rae or Tristan with this kid. Especially Rae. Then I had an idea, more like I was about to forget something from his house.

"Take me back to your house. I need to get something. And say good-bye to your folks. Don't want to be rude and just leave like that."

"Hey. Yeah. I almost forgot." We drove back to his house.

**************************

I've said our good-byes, while his mom said I was more than welcomed to visit. I grabbed my phone from Elias' dresser. My phone had no messages, strange, but okay. We got into Elias' Yukon once more, and left the city. 

The city was packed, as always, but now it was full of high school kids on spring break hitting the malls, bowling alleys, the skating rinks, the "pitch-n-putt" golf courses, paintball wars (they hurt, bad), movie theatres, and if I get lucky, Rae and Dylan hitting the pick-n-pull yards for engines and parts, and hanging out at the CarQuest/Advance Auto store for tools and more car parts. On top of that, there were a ton of road construction that made the traffic worse to navigate, and the roads were crowded.

This summer, there's a Milwaukee Electric Tool store that is going to have its opening, and Rae was definitely looking forward to that. I'm very certain he's not leaving the place empty handed, like he does on his Home Depot trips every Saturday. My dad wanted to check it out, but he's busy, but luckily for me, he might drop me off to check out some of the latest tools Milwaukee has to offer.

The traffic was as bad as the other part of the city behind that mountain, and we were at a standstill, barely moving, if at all. This Yukon XL doesn't have SiriusXM anymore, or for that matter, its OnStar, as its now too old for that stuff, and the radio and AC controls are facing the driver more, unlike Ryo's Suburban, my truck, or even Rae's Dodge. And it has a handle built right into the dash, above the airbag box, unlike Ryo's, Rae's or mines.