5. Crushed

Taylor felt slightly more relaxed going on a few twirling rides and then playing a few games as no one seemed to pay him any mind. He was just another kid in the crowd.

Kaylee was also beginning to loosen up and talk more, chatting his ear off now. He could barely keep up with what she was chattering on about.

They all shared some custard ice cream and then cotton candy as time passed quickly.

"I think you girls are really enjoying this," said Carissa, loving the smile on her daughter's face. "Really bonding."

"Mom, Taylor's pretty awesome, and I am having fun."

"I'm happy for that, but you look disgusting, your hands are sticky, you've got ice cream on your chin and you hair," Carissa pointed out while wiping the windblown hair from her daughter's face. "Please let me clean you up, all this wind and spinning has ruined your pretty hair."

"Fine, ugh. But, can't I please get out of this dress?"

"I hate to say it, but I'm actually okay seeing you a little messy, honey, as long as you're getting along with Taylor and not acting boyish," said Carissa, wiping Kaylee's hands, the collar of her dress and then surprising Taylor, by wiping his hands, too. "And you Taylor? What happened to that pretty bow of yours?"

"Oh, I dunno," said Taylor, reaching up.

He was able to stretch his loose front braid, and the ends were starting to unwind.

"I'm sure it was the wind, honey. No big deal," said Carissa. "I'll fix you little beauties up. We should have pinned all this up earlier."

Carissa opened her purse again, pulled some scrunchies out and held them between her teeth as she started to brush Kaylee's hair. She was quick and within thirty seconds, Kaylee's hair was in a high pony.

She then turned her attention to Taylor.

It was unexpected for him and he didn't know how to react as she quickly unwound the rest of his braid. It was weird having his hair brushed so rapidly by Carissa. She moved like lightening as she brushed it back away from his face.

It was even hard to focus on what she was doing, since he found himself mere inches from her ample boobs as she gathered his hair and wound it in the first scrunchie.

"Very cute for now, girls," Carissa announced, snapping in another scrunchie before putting away her brush. "Come on. Craig and I have a special surprise I've been promising you, Kaylee, for a while. Craig says you'll love this one too, Taylor."

Taylor feared what was coming next, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

With her left hand, Carissa grabbed Kaylee's hand and with the right, Taylor's, as she weaved them through the crowd, swinging their arms, skipping and giggling.

Craig followed behind.

Taylor looked back at his brother, ready to scream as he could see his hair swaying in and out of his face on each side as they moved.

When they finally stopped, there was a little western shop in front of them.

They stepped inside and his heart stopped seeing all the merchandise.

"Oh mom! Do we have to, Kaylee whined in a low voice so only her mom would hear.

"Yes, and like I keep telling you, if you get rid of that attitude you'll start to love it. You better start showing an appreciation and love for what I'm doing for you, young lady, or else," Carissa replied in a stern Whisper. "I'm making your life better," She added before raising her voice to a normal volume and added, "Now you can get the cowgirl outfit I promised you."