10. Secret Weapon

Taylor's team, was a good team, having won every game of the season, so far, with no less than three touchdowns over their opponents in every one of those games.

Today however, as a whole, they seemed rather weak next to the team they were playing against. This was the best team in the league, the all city team, composed of the best players across the tri-county area. They were known as the team that couldn't be beat. The team had been beat but not often gs not yet during this season.

This got inside Taylor's team's heads and they quickly fell behind during the first half.

However, in the locker room, during half-time, the team's head coach gave them a pep talk that lit a fire under the team, especially Taylor.

He reminded himself that nothing he was doing for his brother mattered out on the field. In addition to knowing how good the other team was, he had been put through before the game and it was affecting his performance on the field. He needed to get his head in the game and start playing like the star athlete he was or they were going to lose this game.

During the third quarter, Taylor began to turn things around, when he completed a 32 yard touchdown run. Then scored again, during each of the next two possessions.

In the last three minutes of the game he broke through the other team's two fastest defensive linemen and scored a fourth touchdown.

All together Taylor took the team from being  down by two touchdowns and three field goals, at halftime, to winning the game.

He was mobbed by his team as they celebrated the seemingly unlikely victory, and his day had just gone from strange and feminine to freaking fantastic.

"Great job, Taylor," Craig congratulated him, smacking his helmet as they walked down the sideline.

Taylor was on cloud nine and currently not thinking at all about his situation with his brother, but his brother just had to remind him.

"Just think. What if the other team knew they just got beat by a girl?" Craig joked.

"Very funny, Craig. Want me to punch you in the dick so hard you can't get it up for Carissa tonight?"

"Easy now. Wouldn't want you to break a nail. I guess you could hit me with your purse, but can you even swing it hard enough?"

"I can show you how hard I can swing this helmet." Taylor replied harshly.

"Okay, okay, you win. You know you're my favorite brother, right?" Craig chuckled.

"Well, you're on my shit list right now. Besides--"

"Excuse me," a man interrupted, walk towards them. "I just wanted to let you know you were unbelievable out there tonight, and I'm thoroughly impressed. It's Taylor, right?"

"Yes, sir, thank you," Taylor responded, shaking the man's outstretched hand.

Taylor still had his gloves on.

"Look, I came over to offer you a position on the all city team," the man explained. "I'm Coach Frank Abingail, and I just watched you annihilate some of the best kids on our team, you'd be a great addition for us. Have any interest?"

"You kidding?" Taylor gushed. "That's been my goal, to get picked to play on the all city team, but I can't switch teams during the season, can I?"

"Sure you can. Well, only if it's to join the all city team. There are rules in place that keep us from being able to poach all the best players from the other teams in the middle of the season, but we get one exception. After watching you play tonight, we've decided we want you to be that one, so consider your dream about to come true, if your dad says okay," Frank explained.