20. Clearing the Air

"Wake up you two," Carissa called out, flipping on the lights, "I let you girls sleep in, so I'll need to help you get ready. We've got an important brunch planned. Taylor, you come with me while Kaylee dresses here. I've got your clothes in my bedroom."

"Okay," Taylor said, followed Carissa, while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Just so we get this over with, honey, I talked to Craig yesterday and I know everything," Clarissa told him while picking up a hairbrush to remove the bedhead.

"You do?" Taylor asked, feeling some relief.

He turned back towards her and she added, "Yes. I also heard you puking last night. You feeling better this morning?"

"Oh definitely," said Taylor. "I really do now."

"Good, once we meet up with Craig later, we'll break the news to Kaylee and clear the air on everything. Until then, this will be our little secret, and just so you know, I'm okay with everything. There is really no reason for you to get sick over all this," said Carissa. "Just relax and understand changes will be coming. Just go with the flow today and later we'll fill Kaylee in."

"Thanks, Carissa," said Taylor as he got up. "So you're not mad or anything?"

"Why would I be? Things are about to get a lot better for you, honey, a female influence in your life, you playing on the team, everything."

"Cool," Taylor replied, feeling relief.

"Good. Now, dress yourself and I'll check on Kaylee. This dress is really frilly. It's all I have for you, but you must look appropriate for brunch, so it's perfect. Craig will be bringing your clothes from your house, so you can be more comfortable later. If you need any help, just call me," Carissa told him.

"I'll be fine, I think," said Taylor, walking over to the bed.

Taylor was happy to hear from Carissa that this would finally be over soon, even as he had just decided to give in and deal with it all. Now he wouldn't have to and that excited him. At least, that's what he interpreted from what she said and what he believed she knew.

He was okay with doing this just one last time and he turned towards the bed. He saw a pair of thin white knee socks on the bed, so he picked them up and found it weird sliding his legs into them.

He kept fidgeting and stretching them until finally he realized they weren't supposed to cover his knees, so he turned them loose and let them settle just below his knees.

They were made of a nylon type material he'd never felt before and found it odd how they clung to his legs verses his normal socks.

walked over and took a skirt and top from the hangers, pulling the top on over his head and stepping into the skirt.

He tried, but couldn't get the zipper on the back of the top all the way up as he struggled, reaching over his shoulder before finally giving up and stepping into his shoes.

When he turned back around, Kaylee was standing there and again they were dressed identically. She came over and zipped him up.

"Come on, Virginia is here to drive us for our hair appointments," said Kaylee, fastening the little button behind his neck.

"You're kidding," said Taylor. He began to panic, but then decided maybe he would be getting a more boyish cut. "Where's your mom? She said we'd be going with her to brunch."

"We are. She's getting dressed before she goes to help your brother, and then she's meeting us there," said Kaylee, grabbing his hand. "Come hurry up. We can't make Virginia late for work."