39. Text Reveal

The following morning, Taylor had no conscious recollection of the details of the dreams he'd had over the course of that night, but those dreams had a subconscious affect on his mood and mindset this morning.

Sitting down to breakfast, Taylor had a thought he'd never had before, he began to wonder what Johnny was doing right then and wondered if he might be sitting down at his own table having breakfast too.

Realizing what he was thinking, Taylor questioned why he was thinking that and attempted to change his thoughts, but regardless of what he did Johnny stayed on his mind.

After breakfast was over and everything cleaned up, Taylor got his phone and texted Astrid.

>can I call you?

>>yeah sure I've got
about an hour before
we have to leave for my
therapist appointment

Taylor immediately dialed Astrid, and over the course of the next hour, he opened up to her about things he never would have before.

He told her how he and Craig had met Carissa at a support group that he had been the cause of his brother having to go to and how that came about. He told her about how Carissa had insisted they all go out together along with her daughter, Kaylee.

He also told her about Craig being in an accident and how he was doing now.

He talked about how much he loved his brother and how he hated the fact that he couldn't see him and no one knew if he was going to survive or not.

When it came time for Astrid to leave for her appointment she promised Taylor she would call back afterwards.

Once Astrid and her mom returned to the car after her therapy appointment, she quickly texted Taylor.

>>hey, I'm back
Mom wants to get some
lunch, so we can text
until I get back home
I really like talking to
you, tay

>yeah me too

>>Hey, question
Would you want to
hang out later, maybe
catch a movie, get
something to eat?

>sure, I'll let Kaylee know

>>I like Kaylee and would
love to hang out with
her too sometime but
I was actually thinking
just you and me tonight

Taylor thought about it for a second and quickly decided it might not be such a bad idea to have some one-on-one time with Astrid. He was already beginning to feel like he could say anything to his new friend and there were things he wanted to discuss with her.

>>sure yeah ok

>>cool 😎

Taylor was finally feeling confident enough to reveal to Astrid that he was actually born a boy and he was going to do that tonight. However, about fifteen minutes later he decided he couldn't wait until tonight.

He quickly tapped out his secret, and before he could change his mind, he hurriedly hit send.

He took a deep breath and let it out while he waited for her reply.

He had told her his secret and now was beginning to regret it as the seconds ticked by.

When her response finly appeared, he found his fears were unfounded.