22. Changes

Dressed in gorgeous, expensive, designer outfits with perfect hair and a hint of makeup, Craig knew Kaylee and his brother both looked like nothing less than princesses.

"Girls, just take those bags to the back room and you can leave them by the back door. Here, I'll show you."

Craig watched as Carissa led Kaylee toward the back room of the salon.

Craig had never seen Kaylee this dressed up. Her current appearance made her look like a beautiful young lady several years older than her actual age and seeing his brother looking the same, caught him completely off guard and made him feel a twinge of guilt, knowing his brother's current situation was entirely his fault.

Well, not entirely. He told himself. If he hadn't done what he did and caused me to have to go to that meeting, he wouldn't be in this situation. And then there's all the other things that ungrateful kid has done to make my life miserable, even as I have sacrificed for him, so maybe he deserves a little payback. Besides, I think I'm liking him better now. He's changing. His personality and demeanor is somewhat different. Not saying I wish he really was my sister instead of my brother, but he has been quite a bit calmer and actually obedient. I'd say he's even picked up some manners. Hopefully he'll keep those traits when this is all over.

As these thoughts flowed through Craig's mind, he watched Kaylee and his brother coming towards him.

Kaylee wore a fancy sapphire scoop neck dress, her hair done in tight perm like curls from beneath a fishbone braid, and her lips shimmered with a glittery tangerine gloss.

Craig's awe over how pretty she looked, paled in comparison to the shock he experienced over Taylor's appearance. Craig was stunned. His brother was just as pretty as Kaylee. Not an ounce of young boy remained. Pure feminine girlishness oozed from Taylor as he struggled a bit walking across the salon carrying the suitcases.

Nowhere in sight was the tough male football star. Instead, a pretty, young prima donna ready for a high fashion photo shoot, headed his way.

Craig's eyes bugged out when he realized Taylor's feet were slightly elevated as he approached. He saw the real source of his brother's awkwardness. His brother had on shiny white patent leather peep toe kitten heels, with a strap across his ankle and a one inch heel.

Shimmering ivory tights clung to his skinny legs and were just sheer enough to display his painted toe nails through the open toe of the shoe.

His mint colored satin tea-length Ralph Lauren dinner dress gave him a classic a-line silhouette. On top the sleeveless bodice was fitted perfectly to his slim athletic frame with thin shoulder straps, and below his waist the dress poofed out in pleated layer after layer.

Across the shoulder straps and throughout the bodice, small pearls added to its delicate design while some dispursed glitter added shimmer to the big skirt.

Around his waist, a thick ruffled emerald ribboned sash embellished the gorgeous look before twisting behind his back and looping into a big bow.

Virginia had kept her promise from the other night as the longish blunt bob had been transformed into an unmistakable girly girl's style, with distinct lovely spiral curls streaming from a meticulous chain like braid.

Even though his bangs were only trimmed just a touch, they seemed even shorter as they had been slightly lifted off his forehead and curled under, ever so daintily.

Behind the bangs, his hair contained a precision middle part from temple to temple and the back of his head contained a thick oversized double bowtie bow which perfectly matched his emerald sash.