Chapter 3: Grand Opening

Sonic's POV:

Noticing my ears droop at the memory of Amy leaving, I look at Sally's comforting smile.

"Sonic just go talk to her."

If it wasn't for the multiple tables blocking her from seeing me she probably would've bolted by now.

"I doubt she wants that. She hates me after what happened."

Sally sighs, shaking her head. "Stop being such a debby downer. People can forgive."

"...I don't know Sal."

After dating Sally for a year, we both decided that we were better off as friends. I went to her a lot stressing over the feat of defeating Eggman permanently, and the guilt I had from being the reason Amy left. She's an amazing friend, we just weren't meant to be happily ever after material.

Rouge chimes into the conversation to try and comfort me. "Honey that sweet girl wouldn't hurt a fly. Well....Maybe her hammer would. Right Knuckie?"

Knuckles growls at the pet name she has for him. "Stop callin' me that!"

Rouge grins. "Okay okay fine...Knuckie."

Knuckles grumbles under his breath as they all laugh.

Tails, the best friend I can always count on, takes a bite of his cake before reassuring me. "C'mon Sonic, It's Amy we're talking about."

Still not completely convinced, I find my eyes drifting back to where Amy is sitting.

She's....Stunning.

I had always admired her pink quills and emerald colored eyes, but something was different. She's no longer sporting the bright red dress that she loved so much, but instead more mature clothes. Her quills have grown out, though to my amusement, her height has stayed relatively the same. Hating that the thought even crosses my mind, she's definitely grown up. Noticing the obvious curve of her chest and the dip of her waist exposed by the cropped hoodie she's wearing....

Yeah, she definitely grew up.

Wondering if she still has the sweet and caring personality from when we were growing up together, I quickly notice that I'm not the only one admiring her.

A tall grey chameleon named Jeffrey moved here a little over a year ago, and boy was he a pain to deal with. He isn't evil or anything, he's just a pain in my side for the amount of times I've caught him being handsy with the poor girls in the village.

My eyes narrow as Amy stands up from the table and Jeffrey conveniently bumps into her, spilling his soda all over her jacket.

I can feel it in my stomach that something bad is about to happen. Getting up from my seat, I shove my way through the crowd of Mobians that are here for the grand opening.

.
.
.

Amy's POV:

This asshole.

I look up at the stranger that just soaked my hoodie in soda.

"I'm so sorry miss, I didn't mean to bump into you."

I do my best to smile. "It's fine."

Watching as he grabs some napkins, I wait impatiently.

"My name is Jeffrey by the way."

"Amy."

Reaching my hand out to grab the napkins from him, he pulls his hand away. "I'll clean it for you Amy, no worries."

Glancing down at the conveniently placed spill covering my chest, I raise my eyebrow at what he's suggesting.

"I think I'll do it myself, thanks. Give me the napkins."

He puts his hands up defensively. "Listen sweetheart I was just trying to-"

Cutting him off, I snatch the napkins from him as Mobian's turn to look at the commotion. "No you listen, asshole. Clearly you're new here and don't know any better if you're trying to pull a stunt like that. Go find some other girl to grab up on."

Doing my best to blot the soda from my hoodie, the poor thing looks like he's about to explode judging by the veins popping out of his forehead. Which is quite a big one, if I might add.

"What did you just say to me?"

I continue to rub the soda off. "You heard me, I'm not repeating myself so your pea sized brain can comprehend it."

His lips drawl back in a snarl as he shouts.

"You pink bitch!"

Sheesh, someone's got anger issues.

Setting the wet napkins on the table, I look up to see the palm of his hand swinging towards my cheek.

Quickly snatching his wrist, I stop his hand before it has a chance to collide with the side of my face.

The audacity.

"Oh so you're a hitter too? Charming."

Enjoying hearing the audible gasps around us, my grip tightens on his wrist as he lets out a sharp yelp.

Looking around at the terrified girls staring at him, I yank him down to my eye level. "You're not cute enough to act like that. Keep your hands off the village girls. It's disrespectful." Looking down at his wrist, I add "If I see you again, next time I'll break it."

He nods frantically, just in time for Dave to come running up to us. I had forgotten how annoying his voice was.

"Heeey! No fighting at the Meh Burger- I mean Meh Treats!"

Letting go of his wrist, I turn around to find myself face to face with striking emerald green eyes.

"Uh...Hey Ames.."