Chapter 46: Dooms Day

Warning: This chapter contains graphic content that may be uncomfortable to read for some readers. Nonetheless I will enjoy the readers tears I accumulate throughout this chapter. Proceed with caution, and happy reading. <3
__________________________________

Amy's POV:

Listening to the gentle sound of his heart thumping against his chest, I sigh contently as he runs his fingers through my hair. I never thought I would feel so loved, so... Safe in anyone's arms. But with Shadow, it feels like I'm finally home.

Like nothing could ruin this moment.

But despite that, our communicator watches seem to challenge that thought as they ding in unison.

Glancing to Shadow, his eyebrows are slightly furrowed; As if daring me to get up.

Shooting him an apologetic look as I shift to reach for my watch, he abruptly, but not tightly, grabs me by the waist.

"Don't."

Feeling my heart set aflutter at his pleading voice, his pensive red eyes feel impossible to pull away from.... But it could be an emergency. With a short aggravated huff, he releases me to grab the beeping device.

Squinting as the morning rays hit my eyes perfectly, I lean down to read the message as a sinking feeling begins to grow in my stomach.

Eggman's old army of robots has been activated, Callix must be behind it. I don't have enough battery life on my watch for a call, if this message makes it out in time meet me in town asap to deal with the robots.

Feeling his eyes watching me intently, he's already making his way out of bed as my face drops at the very first sentence.

Shimmying into his pants, I clip my watch to my wrist before plodding quietly across the room to my closet. Bending over to open one of my drawers, I flinch as a sharp sting shoots its way through my lower back.

Rubbing the muscles in an attempt to ease the soreness, I can hear every bit of a grin behind Shadow's voice as he says, "sorry".

.
.
.

Sonic's POV:

Quickly ushering the towns folk to evacuate the city with the help of Tails and Sally, my heart is racing as the army of robots begins to draw closer and closer.

Swiveling my head as my ears twitch towards a quiet zip, it's the sound I've come to recognize as Shadow's chaos control.

With Amy in tow, their clothes are haphazardly  thrown on and their quills are messy. Glancing to Tails and Sally, their appearance is just as frazzled; Signaling that they all recognized the urgency of my message.

Without skipping a beat, Amy takes charge and starts hassling the villagers that aren't putting quite enough pep in their step for her liking.

"I know everyone is scared, but please listen to them!" Snapping his head at the soft voice rising above the chaos, panic flashes across Tails' face as he sees Cream amongst the scattered mobians.

Rushing over to her, I keep a keen ear turned towards the conversation incase I need to intervene. This isn't the time or place for another one of their lovers quarrels.

"Cream, you can't be here. You need to leave!" Ignoring his plea as she brushes past him, she says. "you can't tell me what to do" in a pointed tone.

"Please, your mom is going to kill me! It's not safe here!!"

Grabbing her arm and yanking her back to look at him, Cream is trying to pry away from his grasp. "Stop! Let me go, your hurting me Tails!!"

Yanking her again, he yells, "then listen to me!!"