Chapter 16: Destruction

Sonic's POV:

After the argument between Sally and Amy Eggman has been relentless. Weeks of attacks have left the village in shambles and the townsfolk with no where to go. We've all been taking in everyone that we can, but we're spread so thin that Silver and Blaze have joined us on patrol. Amy still hasn't spoken to Sally despite her friendly efforts. She agreed to share patrols, but from what Sally has told me Amy gets the job done and leaves without saying anything.

Glancing around our meeting room, Amy is sitting oddly close to Shadow.

"Groups are the same as last week, we'll all be in the village protecting the villagers and whatever houses are salvageable. We'll start rebuilding next week when I get back from the human world with materials."

Everyone nods, still tired from the attack that happened in the middle of the night.

I hope Egghead runs out of parts soon, because we can't keep this up.

.
.
.

Sally's POV:

When Tails spots smoke on the horizon, we all prepare for the surge of robots about to storm the village.

Everyone takes as many as they can handle, but as time passes even Sonic and Shadow are struggling to hold them back. After 30 very long and antagonizing minutes everyone is exhausted.

Looking around in horror, my friends and teammates are all backed into a corner.

Tails is pinned to the ground, desperately trying to block the sharp point of the robots hand standing above him. Without warning, he cries out in agony as blood and orange fur is sent flying into the air.

"TAILS!!"

Sonic angrily bashes the robots blocking him from his wounded friend and quickly rushes to his side. Tails gives him a weak smile, wincing as he holds his bloody shoulder.

"I-I'm okay Sonic....It's just a flesh wound."

Sonic knows better than to take his word for it, and lifts him up to move him somewhere safe.

"Hang in there little buddy, I gotcha."

Covering my eyes as a bright blast of chaos energy flies across the clearing, it frees Rouge from the net that snatched her out of the air.

"Thanks Shadow!"

He nods, and looks at me. Glancing to the sharp blades protruding from my bracelets, he sees I have the situation handled and runs to help Knuckles.

Blaze and Silver are fighting alongside Amy, all of them exhausted and their abilities quickly draining. I stare in awe as flames shoot from her finger tips, dancing around her as a form of defense to keep the circle of robots from closing in on her. I have to admit that seeing Blaze and Silver work together in perfect unison was a rare sight to see. They match each other blow for blow, and even combine their powers to create a blast that blows a mound of robots off of Sonic. He looks beaten and battered, but he gets right back up and keeps fighting.

But even with their abilities, it's not enough. The new and improved heat proof robot created by Eggman snatches Blaze by the neck, flinging her into a building. Red liquid quickly begins to bloody the purple fur around her head as she lays there motionless.

"BLAZE! GET UP!!!"

Desperately crying out to her, Silver can't free himself from the anti gravity robot. With multiple orbs flying around it's difficult to control the robot with his telekinesis, and he's left staring helplessly at Blaze's unmoving body laying on the ground. He looks to Amy, distraught as the robot inches towards Blaze's unconscious body.