Chapter 32: Rememberance

Authors note #1: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates lately . Writer's block is a bitch. If the lack of inspiration has been noticeable in the past few chapters I'm also sorry for that . To make up for the shortage of updates I've been trying to reply to everyones comments.... And as a bonus this chapter will be longer than normal ! . . . Like 8,000 words longer than usual . Surpriseee shawtyyy .Y'alls comments crack me up so please keep leaving them, it also gives me the confidence to keep writing . I love seeing everyone's ideas, predictions, and feedback . I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, thank you !

Authors note #2: Any information given in this chapter and future chapters about G.U.N is from my own interpretation, and is not based on information from a head cannon source. Happy reading !
________________________________

Amy's POV:

Laying in a pool of what feels like a warm sticky liquid, the lower half of my body is filled with a strange tingling sensation. Weakly lifting my head as my body trembles, I catch a glimpse of the crimson liquid slowly leaking onto the cold tile ground below me.

Blood..?

...Is this my blood?

Glancing around at my blurry surroundings, a white gloved hand is laying limply on the ground beside me. Staring up at the flickering fluorescent lights above me, I feel my tears catch in my throat.

..Not my blood.

I blink slowly.

Once.

Twice.

Trying to get a grapple on my confused senses, I suddenly become aware of the intense ringing in my ears. Slowly glancing around at my blurry surroundings, a large shattered test tube comes into view.

...I have to get out of here.

Willing my legs to move with every ounce of strength that I have left to get me off of the cold blood covered floor, I stare down at them as they remain motionless.

Why can't I move?

Attempting to sit up, all I can do is flinch as pain rips through the middle of my back. As the pain registers with my senses, I'm unable to muffle my scream as it echoes around the mostly empty metal room. Gasping through my screams, they slowly fade to pained grunts as I grit my teeth.

Trying to take slow, deep breaths, I realize that I'm utterly alone in this cold metal box of a prison.... Again.

And that I'm paralyzed from the waist down.

The memories of the events prior to waking up in Eggman's fortress are nothing but blurry, jumbled together, and impossible to decipher.

What could have gone wrong for it to end up like this?...

Growing more uncomfortable by the minute as the blood from the floor begins to cake and dry onto my skin, the dull stabbing sensation in my back begins to make itself more and more noticeable. Desperately trying fight the sensation that I know is shock trying to overtake my body, the black outline slowly closing in at the edges of my vision grows. Glancing around the room in a panic, a voice begins speaking in a calm and quiet manner.

"Welcome back, love. Oh, come now. You just regained consciousness. Already about to black out again? I guess I was too rough with your....fragile body."

Staring at the stranger, all the blurry memories come flooding back, clearer than ever.

"It's such a shame you got in my way, darling. I suppose not everyone is meant to be a hero."