Chapter VII: Theseus Aether

Iron watched the guard he had helped look at him with fear, he mentally sighed, having expected such fear. He wasn't surprised either. His name, The Snow Prince, is known infamously. Yet, the only people that can look through the name and see Iron himself as the person, would be his parents and brother and girlfriend. Same with his family.

Yet, here he is, a human before him with what seems like a blessed gift, given to this very human.

The human in front of him has Amber-brown hair with the back being short and the front being long. Fair yet slightly tan skin, likely having been under the sun quite a lot before and amber-gold eyes. Yet- they're wearing guard uniforms, seemingly uncomfortable by such things.

Strange, yet.

They have a rare color combination.

Interesting, Iron mentally wondered, having never seen humans with such interesting eye colors. "Come on then, we got things to do." He told him, the human nodded, guiding me to where He can likely guess...an empty room or a storage room? He wonder why-

"U-um...can I uh- change out of this guard uniform first?" They asked, He was silent for a moment, then nodded, taking note of their sigh of relief. He wondered why? So He simply watched them quickly go into the room. So He simply waits out here, thinking about my next course of action once He find where Azen is being held.

He wondered though, why was this human gifted Apothecary, yet, be forced here as a guard? A guard that didn't hold true joy with being a guard. Perhaps, he should simply- take him along with Azen, not like there's anything wrong with it. Human Apothecary are almost unheard of, well. At least he thinks they are.

Then suddenly, he heard the slight creak of a door open behind him, so he looked behind him, only to be impressed.

The human wore a simple dark grayish-purple suit vest, a white button down shirt with a pale grayish lavender bow tie, two pouches strapped to his waist, opposite from each other, brown trousers and simple pale blue shoes. Their hair didn't really change too much, but Iron took note of them looking neutral.

He wondered...

"Pronouns check and name?" Iron asked as he walked down the hallway, the human quickly followed after him. "They/Them and the name is Theseus Aether." The human, Theseus, answered, managing to keep up with Iron speed.

Iron hums, finding the human to be curious.

But first thing first, he would need to get Azen back first and then learn more about Theseus. Heh. What a strange way to be named after a human mythology? Especially one with such a tragic ending.

*

The hybrid assassin destroyed the table in front of them, purely out of anger. All of the hybrids and what not have been set free. Majority of his soldiers have been killed. He knows that this is not all of his soldiers, but still. He can not allow the child to be rescued by the snow prince. Not now and not yet. He was far too close.

Close to completing his commission.

"Sir! One of the guards is a traitor and is helping the enemy!" One of the guards shouted, the Hybrid assassin scowled dangerously, he was furious!

"HOW MANY TIMES MUST THIS BRAT SABOTAGED MY PLANS?!"

*

Theseus took small glances at The Snow Prince, they were still afraid that he would kill him, yet he was also curious. Curious to understand why the Snow Prince had really spared him. They were just a human, a low human that was just lucky to have the gift of apothecary. A rare skill among everyone, but a common job throughout the realm.

Well, as far as They were aware, he knows that they are the first known human to master Advanced Apothecary. The highest known mastery of such skill. Huh, They wondered how it was possible for a human like them to hold such a gift when legends state that all humans lost the gifts that the gods and goddesses all granted them. During the massacre of said species during the Era of Eternal Chaos?

"Theseus, tell me, what happened for a human like yourself from the south east to be all the way up here near the north west?" Theseus heard the Ice Prince asked, they were silent. They didn't want to speak of the massacre that befall his village. Nor did they want to recall the harsh details of it happening. "I'm going to assume you're one of the survivors of the massacre at the Kinoko Village." Theseus immediately froze at the mention of their home village.

*

Iron glances at Theseus, taking a mental note of his change of body language. He clearly hit a sore topic, one that is still fresh on his fragile mind. Yet, he wondered, just how mentally strong is Theseus?

"Sir...let's just continue onward..." Theseus muttered, Iron huff, but nodded in agreement nonetheless. He really needs to get back his cousin, perhaps take him to his own home? Of course, with the eventual permission from Aru. Yet, for now, he really would like to kill a certain...assassin for what they did.

*

The Hybrid Assassin casually hums, holding up a vial of what looks to be golden blood. A clear sign that it belongs to a god or goddess, perhaps even a Demi-God if the chance presents itself. He glanced over at the unconscious Demi-God of Death and void. Taking note of the sorry state they're in, yet not caring about it at all. Not even once.

He's aware that the Snow Prince and the traitor will arrive soon, he might as well take what he needs to sell in the black market and to his clients anyways while he got the chance. Hah. He wondered just how many gods and goddesses he could anger?

*

Theseus hissed, pulling their hand back from the frying control panel. They could hear the sound of the ship slowly getting destroyed and closer to going kaboom. They faintly wondered if the crows of death were doing this? They must have, they could hear the quiet caw of a crow.

"Theseus, move it, I'm going to shoot the damn thing." The snow prince growled, Theseus nodded and stepped away, instantly getting startled by the sudden bang like ring sound, noticing the gun in the Prince hand, they were confused. How have they not noticed that gun before? They wouldn't know for sure.

"Come on, let's go, we don't really have a lot of time left to stay here for long." The snow prince commented as he continued onwards past the now open door. Theseus huffed softly and quickly followed after. They weren't sure what was truly in store for them at this point.

Yet, they can't help, but feel as though they would be in for an important adventure of some sort.

*

Iron and Theseus eventually arrive at the main control room where they at least know that the Hybrid Assassin is residing. However, soon after the two got there, they were shocked by the state that the Demi-God was left in.

Theseus nearly puked at the sight and Iron was silent.

Yet, Iron walked over to Azen unconscious form, summoning a soft looking and baby colored cloak and covered Azen form with it, then looked over at Theseus. "Theseus, are you able to brew the potions needed to save him?" Iron asked, almost sounding like he was pleading for help. Theseus was silent, then nodded. They would do their best to help. "I could try, but I would need the materials, ingredients and equipment to do so." They answered, Iron nodded and gently handed Azen over to Theseus.

Theseus was careful to hold Azen, but look at Iron. "How do we escape since I'm a human?" Theseus commented, Iron stared blankly at them. "Portal." "What portal-" Theseus' speech was cut off as soon as they were pushed into a portal by Iron, who smiled smugly. "Ahh yes, the joy of randomly pushing people into a portal." Iron casually said, taking out a dagger and throwing it in the general direction of the Hybrid assassin, purposely missing them by an inch.

"We meet again, Snow Prince." The Hybrid Assassin commented, Iron growled, glaring at them. "Let's simply settle this....long overdue fight." Iron said, summoning fire and ice around themselves, smirking.