Chapter XIII: The First King

He sighed, he never expected to ever dare take his mother throne, but he had little to no choices. His dearest sister was too young and his mother was too ill and weak to even continue ruling like they could before, alas, how cruel the faith was to bestow this upon them. Yet, it's not always fair is it? Of course not.

With another sigh, they look at their hands, they weren't exactly the former queen's biological son, no, they are actually just adopted. A Mere human adopted by the Endritch Kingdom monarch. He wasn't sure why the former queen had even bothered to save him all those years ago- well, he wasn't sure how long it had been. He was changed, gifted maybe. Gifted to live the same life span of that of the Royal Family.

He supposed it was a pitiful choice to spare him, but he still didn't truly understand at times. Which is unfortunate, he can't really ask his adopted mother now, can he? Humming slightly, he got up and left his room, going to visit his youngest sister, really, she's still only just a small little dragon hatchling really. Which was, kinda why he was stuck as the only spare ruler, despite being adopted honestly.

He doesn't even want to know why it took so long for the former queen to even have an egg either. Probably stuff he wouldn't understand at all really.

After a while, he was almost to his sister's nursery, until he was stopped by his mother's personal servant and guard. Alexandria Zenetian. Or Alex for short.

She had short silver white-purple hair, tanned yet fair skin, ethereal lavender purple eyes, A white hood attached to her cotton shirt that was under the gray metal of her armor that also had dark purple borders with the crest having the kingdom insignia. Metallic purple trousers with the boots having more armor, similar color to the upper half of the armor they wore, as well as some gauntlet like arm bracer with a single amethyst gem.

Oh, did he mention that they're a girl? Yeah, they are a girl, just, look like a male just to say 'Fuck you dumbass for thinking females can't be soldeirs/guards!'

He has a lot of respect for someone who proved others wrong, truly.

"Young lord, your mother wishes to speak with you." Alex politely tells him with a curt bow. He nodded in acknowledgement. "Thank you for telling me this Captain Alex, guide me to Mother chambers, will you?" He asked, Alex nodded and led the way to his sickly mother's bedroom.

*

Eventually, they arrived at the entrance of the room, he was hesitant to even enter the room, unsure if he should or not truly. Alex put their hand on his shoulder, giving them reassurance that things would be alright. With a sigh, he smiled back, letting Alex open the door.

"My Queen, I brought your son."

*

The Sickly queen laid on their bed, too weak to do much or anything. However, the decision they made was final between herself and her trusted counselors. She was not afraid to break the sacred rules their great grandmother had made. The short time she interacted with her, she was always told to break the rules, the traditions that were created. To find a king that will be the protector to the very realm they reside in.

She smiles softly and sadly, she chose her adopted human son, gifted or not, it would be him.

She had no choices after all, her first born had only just hatched recently, sweet little hatchling was not ready to become the next monarch. She was ill and slowly dying, the changes that were brought upon them.

The time will come, the changes are inevitable, the shift in the stories can't be changed. All they will meet, what will they believe? The lies they speak or the forgotten truth? Alas, the only thing she had left was to guide her adopted son and only newly hatched daughter. Maybe she could have her personal servant and guard to keep them safe in her place.