Chapter XVII: Theseus Lament, Preparation & Secrets

Theseus frowned, they weren't sure what to do honestly, they didn't have anything they could wear to the Endritch ball. Yet, here they see that their friends all look astonishing, especially Zenris- They shake their head, trying to ignore their thoughts for a moment. They didn't want to seem weird to say the least. With a sigh, they quietly slipped out of the room and went to go to the garden. They didn't have many reasons to stay in the room anyways, they were a commoner after all.

Yet, they weren't aware that someone had watched them slip out the room.

Eventually, after getting a tad bit lost, Theseus eventually found their way towards the garden. To say the least, the Garden itself was breathtaking, for the beauty of such an area was beautiful. Various flowers of all kinds bloom, as well as many varieties of trees holding different kinds of fruits or flowers. With a soft and sad smile, they looked around for a place to sit, eventually, they saw a gazebo, so they went over and sat on the many seats that were made there.

To say the least, it was nice and peaceful, they suppose this garden being named the garden of peace wasn't a mere joke. It's truly peaceful.

"You alright Theseus?"

Said person jumped- startled to hear another voice here, they went to see who it was that was spoken and signed in a bit of relief. It was only just Zenris. Yet- they can't help, but look at the way they were dressed.

Zenris usual hairstyle was the same as it has been. Short strawberry blonde hair with a simple braid on the side. Fair skin, steel gray eyes that seem to shine sometimes, he wasn't wearing his usual clothes, but instead something more formal. He now wore a pale pink-magenta gradient tailcoat with a white button up shirt, purple ribbon tie, steel dark gray trousers with gray boots with dark gray sole and white strings. Oh and they had a simple black top hat with a pale pink ribbon on his head.

To say the least, Theseus was astonished by his look. He never knew that Zenris could look this amazing.

"Uh, Realm to Theseus- you paying attention??" He questioned- snapping Theseus out of their thoughts. "Oh! Uh- Yeah! Just-n thought you look amazing is all..." They trailed off, averting their eyes, blushing a small bit. Zenris reacted the same, except surprised. "Really? Well, why oh...Why not get dressed up for the Ball?" He asked, Theseus laughed a bit- it was a bittersweet sounding one. "Why should I? I'm merely just a Commoner, I don't have anything special for this sorta thing." They answered honestly with a crestfallen look.

Zenris was silent, a bit surprised yet not, he guessed Theseus felt left out from all this, so he thought of something that could help, something that would make them feel better. So he held out his gloved hand to them. "I think I have an idea, I am sure Emperor Silk will gladly help with this predicament." Zenris told them with a soft smile.

Theseus was silent, surprised even to be given such an offer. After contemplating their choices- they took his hand- startled to be pulled towards him. Due to their lightness- they yelped as they were pulled towards Zenris chest. They blushed bright right-

As for Zenris, he was startled to find how light they were, as well as blushing from them being so closed. To any onlookers, they would think they were kissing or something. Zenris was very glad that no one else was around to witness this. He carefully helped Theseus get up and to make sure nothing was wrong. Of course he would notice the bright red face of theirs.

He just hoped no one was around to witness this and caused rumors to circulate.

"L-let go, uh, see Emperor Silk." Zenris managed to stutter out as he gently took Theseus' hand and led them to the throne room that Emperor SIlk has been residing in as of late. They both weren't so sure why he would ever be there, but they guess he was just adjusting themselves to the new things that have happened and all of the histories they missed.