Chapter X: Uncovering Pieces of the Past

Iron stared at his brother as if he had suggested the worst idea. An idea he does not wish to encourage, at all. "Brother, for the last time, we are NOT taking our sisters with us- why was this even an idea?!" Iron semi-shouted in a hint of frustration. Silk just smiled, shrugging. "I don't know, seems like a good idea for us to do some family bonding while we do some work along the way." He commented casually as if he knew Iron would disagree.

Iron gave a frustrated sign, contemplating his choices to decide whether or not he would allow it or not. Seeing as he is the eldest out of them all after all. Which can sometimes be unfortunate, really. Taking one more look at Silk, who is now pulling the innocent look, Iron sighed. "Fine, we can bring them, HOWEVER, you are in charge of watching them with the others, while me and Theseus talk to the Spirit Ruler for work reasons." As soon as Iron mentioned work, Silk deflated.

"Why do you always work so much? Why not just take a break and relax for once!" Silk whined in exasperation. Iron huffed, shaking his head. "I can't, not yet at least. You know this, I'm the only one here out of both you and our sisters, who are able to rule our home. Plus, I'm the oldest and I want to make sure you and the others are happy." Iron calmly told him, having a hint of sadness in his tone, it was almost unnoticed, had Silk not managed to pick it up.

He frowned, his brother had done so much for them, yet, he couldn't return the favor. His brother was stubborn after all.

Why can't he accept help from him? Was he not good enough to help him?

"Silk?" Iron called out, putting his hand on said person's shoulders to see what was wrong, only to be pushed away by Silk, who soon ran off. "Silk-!" Iron called out, only to sighed, feeling guilty for making his brother upset. He didn't want to, but he had little choice. The responsibility of being the King of Restorien- no. The proper terms would be Emperor. Would it not?

*

Silk kept running, running to where he felt more safe to be at, the gardens that his mother had made so long ago. Once he arrived at the garden, he wandered around aimlessly, gazing at the various flowers that have bloomed since their mother's disappearance. He wonders what their mother would say about Iron's actions for not taking care of himself? He wasn't all that sure. Probably scold him.

Or ground him, maybe.

Palace arrest sounds like a scary idea, especially with how free spirited Iron is honestly.

Heh. Just thinking about their mother makes them wonder, what really happened to them on that night...?

*

Iron groans as he facepalm, he was hoping to not do anything and just prepare to depart to the spirit kingdom, but unfortunately. He got interrupted, by the council member he wished he could just burn to unrecognizable charcoal like corpses. Something he had always wanted to do to replace ever since he was a young child. Oh and replacing most of them would also be a great idea now he thinks deeply about it more.

"Your Majesty, where are you going?" The council member asked with a raised eyebrow, they had been searching for the young king for quite some time. Having also taken note that the young king had been avoiding them as well.

The council member, who happens to be in his late fifties, had red faded to gray hair with hints of white, pale and aged skin, dark blue that seems to slowly fade over time. They also wore a light gray button shirt with a simple velvet blue thin wool vest with silver embroidery on the borders, black trousers and black dress shoes.

This council member is name La'veint Verokin.

Iron internally groaned as he also realized he would be a bit stuck with talking to them. Which is something he does not like, not one bit. "There is no need for you to know where I am going, other than it being business related with another royal." Iron politely asked with a slight fake smile. La'veint narrowed his eyes, looking at Iron with skepticism "Well, if you say so your majesty. However, do remember, the Royal Ball, hosted by the Queen of the Endritch Kingdom will be held in the next month and will be held at their kingdom as well."